AutoFill forms in different pages

Options

My Bank website uses a weird login process where they request me to type my client number and password, but both are in separate forms.

The initial form asks me for my client number. It is an input of type password and it can be populated by 1Password by hitting cmd+. In the 1Password client I see that it is saved as part of the web form details, and automatically assigned a "password" type (key icon at the right of the web form details field). When hitting continue I'm taken to a second form.

The second form asks me to type my password, and also contains an input of type password.If I try to populate it with 1Password it uses the same value that was populated in the first form (the client number) instead of my actual password. I obviously can't login.

I tried manually editing the web form details, however I'm not sure how 1Password ties the form fields in the web page to the fields I set in my client. If I try to set their label to match the ID of the field it doesn't work. Also if I set my customer number as "login" (avatar icon at the right of the web form details field) and my actual password as "password" type (key icon) it doesn't work. 1Password is adamant on using only the field I mark as "password" (using the key icon in the web form details) for both my client number and password.

Can this be done by editing the web form details? Is there any documentation on the matter?

Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.8
OS Version: OS X 10.11.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cesarolea

I'm going to move your question to our "Saving and filling in browsers category" so the right people will be able to see it. I think that this guide here will help you sort all this out: https://support.1password.com/create-multi-page-login/. It has all the details you need to know to handle logins that are splitter along several pages!

Please let us know if you try this and how it turns out for you! :chuffed:

• cesarolea
    cesarolea
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for moving my thread. Wow! that page seems to be written specifically for my case. I'll check it out and report back.

• cesarolea
    cesarolea
    Community Member
    Options

In my case the solution was to add it as two different logins. If I tried to add both user and pass in the same login, 1Password would always use the username as password in both pages.

It's not that bad though. Since in both forms the actual value is saved as "password", I can use the Username field in 1Password to quickly identify the account (I have two accounts with the same bank) in 1Password mini. I prefer this instead of saving login items as "Bank - Account - Username". In my case the login items are named "Bank - Username" and "Bank - Password" and the username that I set is automatically appended to the search results.

It would be nice though that tags could be used for this purpose. Meaning I could assign both tags "Username" and "cesarolea" (as account name) and then when searching in 1Password mini I could enter the term "ba us ce" and get the result I'm looking for.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that helped. It can definitely be tricky dealing with multi-step login processes. In very rare cases I'm able to get a single login item to work...but usually the separate pages are different enough to make a "one-size-fits-all" solution impossible. But we'll keep working to improve 1Password. Be sure to let us know if you need anything else! :)

This discussion has been closed.