The 1Password browser extensions seem to be broken

tpreston
tpreston
Community Member

Earlier this week (following a mandatory software update from my company), the 1Password browser extensions (all of them) stopped working entirely. I have the 1Password extension installed in Chrome, Firefox, and Safari (and all browsers are at their latest versions). However, when I hit the autofill keystroke, absolutely nothing happens. The same behavior is seen when I try clicking on the 1Password icon that appears in the browser chrome. If I go to the 1Password mini icon, it seems to have no awareness whatsoever of what's going on in the active browser; all I see is "Add _____ extension..." (fill in the blank with whatever browser is currently active).

The main 1Password application seems to be working properly (everything's syncing, etc.). I've even tried digging through the Console logs, but nothing jumps out at me.

Does anybody have any idea what I can do to troubleshoot this and figure out how to get my 1Password back? (I'm dying here...)

Thanks,
Tim

PS - The software installed by my company is the Triton AP-Endpoint (aka. WebSense), so that's what I'm currently suspecting is the culprit. I just need a way to prove it before I go to the admins.

1Password Version: 6.3.1 (631005) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Chrome 4.5.8.90, Safari 4.5.8, Firefox 4.5.8
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• m4rouf
    m4rouf
    Community Member

I'm having this same problem! I thought it was because I 'm on the MacOS beta, which seemed odd to me as it was initially working fine. Hope this gets fixed soon - this is driving me insane!!!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@m4rouf, I replied to your other post about what sounded to be a completely different issue (unable to install the 1Password extension in Safari). Can you follow up in that thread and let me know how things go? :)

@tpreston,

I'm sorry you're having some trouble. I assume you can't temporarily deactivate WebSense and check if the problem persists. That would be super helpful if possible. :)

Is WebSense a recent addition? Was 1Password working fine until it was installed?

Apart from something blocking the connection between the extension and 1Password mini, I'd like to confirm that 1Password mini (and only one copy of it) is running. Could you create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac?

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• m4rouf
    m4rouf
    Community Member
    edited July 2016

Hi Khan,

My apologies; the other thread sounded like the same issue to me at first although this one seems to match my problem much more closely (except I don't have Websense installed as far as I'm aware). 1Password Mini doesn't connect to any of my browsers and the extension's toolbar / keystroke / menu items don't bring up the 1Password Mini window as they normally would. Sam issue as the OP, it seems. I'll send over a diagnostic report.

m4rouf

EDIT: The troubleshooting tool has been stuck on the loading screen for at least a good 10 minutes; I tried restarting it and clicking 'generate report' again but the same thing seems to be happening. I may not be able to send over the report.

• tpreston
    tpreston
    Community Member

@khad - I've sent in the diagnostics report (my support ID # is ITY-61266-243).

Yes, WebSense is a recent addition (and 1Password was working just fine before that install), but I don't currently have any way to turn it off.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks,
    Tim

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2016

Hi @tpreston

We have received your Diagnostics Report and have answered over email, we'll continue the conversation over there :chuffed:

ref: ITY-61266-243

@m4rouf I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble sending the Diagnostics Report. I think it probably has to do with the fact that you're on macOS Beta. I will let our experts know and I hope to have an answer for you soon :chuffed:

ref: JJW-44862-563

This discussion has been closed.