Isn't 1Password supposed to offer to store login credentials on a new website?

Options
RickCunn
RickCunn
Community Member

Isn't 1P supposed to offer to store login credentials to a new website? Or am I hallucinating on that memory? I created accounts on two websites recently and 1P didn't offer to store the information. I had to manually enter it. Just wondering if it is operating correctly, or if I am misremembering its capability.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:undefined, kb-search:offer to update or add login credentials

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2016
    Options

Hi @RickCunn,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry you're having some trouble.

Before you go further, update 1Password and the browser extension to see if that resolves the issue. We add support for new websites all the time.

If 1Password isn't saving or filling passwords on any websites

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Choose 1Password > Preferences.
    3. Click the General icon, then enable "Always keep 1Password mini running".
    4. Click the Browser icon, then enable "Automatically submit logins after filling" and "Automatically ask to save new Login".

If 1Password doesn't ask to save a password on a specific website

If the autosave window doesn't appear on one website but it works on other websites, try these steps for the site you're having trouble with.

Check for multiple Login items

If you have more than one Login item for a single website, and some of them have the same password, 1Password will not ask you to save the password again. You can still save it manually.

To save a Login manually

When you save a new Login manually, 1Password will record the form fields on the page even if it doesn't automatically detect them.

If you're still having trouble, please let me know the URL of the site so we can take a closer look. Thanks in advance!

• RickCunn
    RickCunn
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply. I do have the latest. I R&R'd the Safari extension. My Preferences | Browsers options isn't what you suggest. Attached is a screen shot of my options. Should I check Autosave?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sorry about that, @RickCunn. That was the old wording. We changed it in the app. Turn on "Detect new usernames and passwords and offer to save them".

This discussion has been closed.