SYNC question

dealtek
dealtek
Community Member

my mac and iphone are synced through dropbox

• usually make edits in mac - then they show in iphone\
  • this time I made edits in iphone
  • they didn't show in mac - so on mac i logged out and logged in - still no show
  • so i logged out / in on iphone - then it deleted my edits

What did I do wrong? How do I properly sync from either one?

btw: latest version everything

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dealtek,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry you're having some trouble.

I know you mentioned "latest version everything", but can you provide the specific version numbers? If there is a problem with automatic updates, you may not be on the latest versions.

When you say "logged out / in" can you help me understand what you mean? Are you logging out of your OS X account (on your Mac), just locking 1Password, or completely disabling syncing with Dropbox and the setting it up again? Or something else?

• dealtek
    dealtek
    Community Member

sure

mac = 10.11.6
    ios 6.4.3
    dbox mac = 6.4.14

does that help?

• Hi @dealtek ,

I'd like you to try a little test.

1. On your iPhone, in 1Password, go to Settings > Advanced > Diagnostics > Log Settings and turn on Dropbox and Sync.
    2. Make a change to an item. It can be any change, no matter how small.
    3. Go to Settings > Sync and verify sync runs and completes.
    4. Go to your Mac, and verify that sync has completed on your Mac.

If the change is not there, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Also, include in the message the date and time you tried the test above.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.