With the $64 "account," are (1 person's) multiple computers / devices all included?

KEDs1
KEDs1
Community Member

I'm just signing up, and am at the stage of having purchased the $64 "thing." Basically, it looks to me as if your concept (which has been praised by some computer geeks I know, which is why I bought it) has grown and expanded...causing some "build-ons" to have developed. This makes it a bit confusing for the newbie. Therefore, I have several questions that are arising as I try to get answers from the site:

(1) I have several computers and devices and don't really get it if my "account" travels with me no matter what machine I'm on—or if the "account" is just for a main computer and/or phone. So, what's "included" with the basic $64?
(2) I understand that "families" and "teams" were created for multiple people, but are they also meant to be used for 1 person's multiple devices? I see the benefits of teams and families listed, but not the benefits of the basic account.
(3) I see some postings about phone "apps" and how these can be purchased separately. Is this necessary if you have the $64 thing?

I have seen links to tutorials for getting the passwords into the account, but not the general overview. Sorry if I've missed something obvious. Thanks!

1Password Version: just purchased
Extension Version: ??
OS Version: 10.11.5
Sync Type: I do have iCloud...
Referrer: forum-search:basic account or monthly

Comments

• KEDs1
    KEDs1
    Community Member

PS: I've also just noticed some stuff on the site that says (a) one person can use this on all devices, evidently. I'm interpreting this to mean that in my numbers (1 & 2) above: yes, account travels with me, and no, I don't need to make myself a team or family. Great. Now I have an expanded (3) and a new question.
    Re: (3), phone apps, I now have read that one can have "pro" app accounts (?) or "get an account." I have the account, so do I have access to "pro" apps?
    (4) I also have found a pricing page that says for $2.99 / month I can have a list of ongoing services. I guess I thought that was what the $64 was for. What IS the $64 for, as compared with the monthly fee?
    Thanks!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2016

Hi @KEDs1,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry for all the confusion. We just rolled out the individual plan, and we're still working to make sure the information is correct in all places. :)

What we currently offer:

1Password standalone license

Lots of people simply want to buy an app once and start using it. We totally get that. And that's why we have no plans to stop providing the 1Password apps for individual purchase. We're going to keep supporting anyone who chooses to use the apps that way, and the individual apps will continue to see new features and developments provided in free updates.

If you purchase a 1Password single version license:

• Get updates for the version your purchased. For example, if you buy now, you’ll get all updates to 1Password 6 for Mac. 1Password 7 for Mac will require a separate purchase.
    • Pro features on mobile devices available as a separate purchase.
    • Sync your data yourself. Use iCloud, Dropbox, or WLAN Server on your local network.

And you’ll get helpful, one-on-one support from us. :)

1Password account subscription

For many folks, it's often easier to manage a single subscription than it is to keep track of individual licenses across different platforms and version upgrades. The subscription model also allows us to build in features and services that wouldn't be feasible in the standalone apps, like central hosting and vault management.

If you have a 1Password account subscription:

• Get all the 1Password apps for free. No matter which plan you choose, you and every member of your family or team always have free access to the latest versions of all the 1Password apps. Learn more about all the additional features included with 1Password Families and 1Password Teams.
    • View, edit, and add items from any browser. You’ll always have access to your data on 1Password.com, even if you are away from your main devices.
    • Share and sync without the need of a third-party sync service. Setting up syncing with Dropbox can be confusing for some folks. With a 1Password account, you simply sign in and all your data is there.
    • New vaults automatically show up for family and team members. When you create a new vault, you can add people to it automatically. They don’t need to do anything to see it and begin using it on their end.
    • Set permissions for each person on each family or team vault. Some passwords can be set to read-only, for example.
    • Recover accounts if your family or team members forget their Master Passwords. This is a huge one. We have always prided ourselves on our security model which has no back door. While we still can’t recover anyone’s accounts, you can now recover accounts for your family or team.
    • Access your data even if you stop paying. Your data is yours. Even if you ever cancel your subscription, you can always view and export your data.

And, as always, you’ll get helpful, one-on-one support from us. :)

If you have any additional questions, don’t hesitate to let me know.

• KEDs1
    KEDs1
    Community Member

Ok, so if i have bought the $64 thing, but I'd rather have the monthly thing, what do we do?

• KEDs1
    KEDs1
    Community Member

Thanks, by the way. That little explanation should be on the site. :)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2016

@KEDs1,

It's my pleasure to help!

I was going to refund your standalone license purchase, but I wasn't able to find your standalone license purchase in our system. Could you email me from the address you used when you made your purchase? support+licenses@agilebits.com

Include my name in the subject line, so I'll be sure to see it: Khad Young

Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.