Unable to find any data

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: cant find my bill.

Comments

• laurel111
    laurel111
    Community Member
    Options

I don't know where to start new topic. Desperate . Just set up 1password. Put a bunch of passwords in one entry. Now all u see is empty note pad. Click does not open it. Where did my notes go? Don't understand tech talk need simple advice

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2016
    Options

Hi @laurel111

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with 1Password. I would love to help you, but I need some more information. Could you please show us a screen shot of what you're seeing? (Please blur or hide any sensitive information) This will help us get a better idea of what might be going on here :chuffed:

• laurel111
    laurel111
    Community Member
    Options

how do I move the screen shot to here? I know how to email it. Copy and paste is not bringing it here, is putting down a caption from another photo.
    You know the I phone screen ap note pad that looks like lined yellow paper?
    I see that and it is named secure note. I tap on it to open and nothing happens

• laurel111
    laurel111
    Community Member
    Options

Secure Note

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@laurel111: To include a screenshot in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just make sure your screenshot doesn't include sensitive information, as this is a public forum. And just to be clear, 1Password cannot access data from Apple's Notes app. Let me know what you find!

• laurel111
    laurel111
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Brenty. Screen shot will only show blank lined yellow note sheet. As long as nobody can open it here I am fine . I need to op

• laurel111
    laurel111
    Community Member
    Options

I just installed 1passeord recently . Put all my vital info into a secure note. Opened to check if I could access it; I saw it all there so got rid of paper copies. Big mistake. Now secure note won't open , it is hiding things I really need . Force quit , reboot did not fix it. Unable to get a solution. I am older user, not fluent with tech terms. Any simple advice welcome.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @laurel111,

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re struggling with 1Password here. I see that you’ve made a couple of posts in separate categories, so I’ve merged them all together in the iOS section of our forums, just so we can keep this conversation all in one place.

Now, I wish I had better news for you, but that Secure Note looks empty. I see the same thing when I create a new Secure Note and hit ‘Done’ without adding any data. It’s odd that you were able to open it before though. Did you tap the ‘Done’ option after you added your information to the Note?

• laurel111
    laurel111
    Community Member
    Options

I thought so. But it looks like I inadvertently discarded all my data . I assume there is no way to retrieve it. Thank you for giving me reason to stop my frantic quest to retrieve my data. I will delete the ap

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @laurel111,

Unfortunately 1Password for iOS doesn’t have the same automatic backup features that exist in the desktop app, but we could take a peek at a Diagnostics Report to see if there’s anything to be done.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

In any case, I hope that you decide to give 1Password another try - we’d be more than happy to help you through the setup process and ensure that you can save your items comfortably.

This discussion has been closed.