Options
13»

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Merriman: Thank you for getting back to us! :+1:

We are working really hard on it. Please check this status update from Mike in a neighbour thread. Please stay tuned. ;)

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know. We are always ready to help you with any questions about 1Password.

Cheers,
    Greg

• ramac34
    ramac34
    Community Member
    Options

It's been 3 months since anyone has written anything to post. I am not sure if people are giving up hope of if you guys are giving up, of if the the discussion has simply moved to another forum. In any case, are you able to provide any type of update. Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ramac34: I know others have been discussing Edge here in the forums, and I wrote this pinned thread here in this category about two months ago and updated it earlier this month:

Edge and 1Password: A Work in Progress

We don't have any additional information to share at this time, but I suspect we'll have more to say when there's something to announce. You can keep up with AgileBits and 1Password news by following us on Facebook, Twitter, our blog, and our email newsletter. Nothing spammy, always just useful 1Password tips and announcements. Cheers! :)

• ramac34
    ramac34
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick response. I will keep tabs on this initiative.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Likewise, thanks for your interest. I'll be glad when we can finally share what we've been working on with the world! :chuffed:

• Merriman
    Merriman
    Community Member
    Options

This is starting to get a little...silly. The only thing stopping me from moving away from Dashlane to 1Password is either an extension for Internet Explorer 11, or Microsoft Edge. I understand there's technical difficulties in either, but you saying people should use Chrome, Firefox, etc. instead isn't acceptable in this day and age. There are many businesses where the Internet browsers that are permitted are limited, or as pointed out before where they are used due to legacy back end applications.

So... much as I would hate to think it, and given how you've deprecated features in your latest Windows release, the only conclusions I can draw are either (1) you're stalling because you just don't have the technical capabilities in house to be able to do this at this time or (2) you just don't care at some level for the Windows market. Given that as soon as I go to https://support.1password.com/ it's Mac and iOS that are being called out it does rather lend credence to that second idea. Which is kind of sad - now don't get me wrong, I would imagine that's not a conscious choice, and given AgileBits background I'm not really surprised if it is the case subconsciously, but you support Opera for heaven's sake, so it can't be about browser market share.

...and yes @brenty I've read your post. Answering the question "When will 1Password be available in Edge?" with "We don't know. It's being actively worked on, but we don't have any way of knowing for certain if or when it will be ready." is disingenuous - are we honestly to believe that in this day and age a successful software developer doesn't have a product dev cycle/roadmap? Are you seriously telling is that your development lifecycle doesn't have milestones, checks, balances etc.? No SCRUM, Agile, etc.? Just the back of a napkin with some sketched out ideas? If your statement is actually true, then I have serious concerns about AgileBits, that go way beyond wondering if the Unicorn feature of Microsoft browser support in the latest version of your flagship software is going to arrive. Telling us that it needs to be a UWP app shouldn't come as a surprise - Microsoft's been talking about that for over a year, and have been steadily releasing information and tools to their ISV developers for some time, and if you had the appropriate MSDN subscriptions you'd have access to even more, as I'm sure you have subscriptions to the Apple Developer program (yes, I know MSDN is considerably more expensive, but if you were serious about Windows dev then it would be a sunk cost).

Seriously folks - what's going on with Windows support for this product? I can't use a non-Microsoft browser at work, so I can't use 1Password.

I'm sorry if this comes across as aggressive - I understand that you can't talk about specific features and functionality due to competitive advantage, and that you probably don't want to be held down to a timeline, but for pities sake - throw us Windows users who have to use Microsoft's browsers some sort of bone here, or put us out of our misery with a more definitive statement. Even if it's only something like "we're working hard on this, we do have a development team working on it, and our current schedule shows Q2, 2018 as a potential release timeframe, but we won't know for sure until we get closer", or more realistically, from the statements we've been hearing, "We're sorry, but at this time developing support for Microsoft browsers is on hold whilst we decide the future of the Windows product line, and it's features and functionality. We will continue to update our community as and when we make a decision, but at this time our development resources are committed to feature and function parity for all platforms."

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2017
    Options

@Merriman: I'm sorry you feel that way. But I don't see the benefit of personal attacks. And picking on Opera? ;) It's based on Chrome, so we effectively get that "for free". I wish that were the case with Edge. We can only offer you supported browsers as alternatives unfortunately, so for now it's mainly Chrome and Firefox. I certainly understand why you're frustrated though. We were hoping to be able to support Edge already. Once we have some concrete information we'll be excited to share it with everyone.

• Dig_Doug
    Dig_Doug
    Community Member
    Options

Seems this conversation has gotten a bit Edgy ;) Just wanted to lighten it up!

Please keep pushing for Edge-support. It can't come soon enough.

• Hey @Dig_Doug! Thanks for bringing some levity to the thread. We do need it sometimes. :wink: I've already told so many people I'll kick my Edge-nagging up a notch, I'm probably about to reach my nag-capacity but I'll do my best to convey your enthusiasm all the same. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.