Can't use 1Password extension in Chrome with 1Password 6 Beta

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Trouble with the browser extension.

Comments

• nitrok
    nitrok
    Community Member
    Options

Hello. I have the same problem with 1password6 beta on windows. Chrome extension does not work. Switched from version 4 and a little bit confused as it is useless =(( How long should we wait for the stable windows version?

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @nitrok,

If 1Password 4 is still running in the background, 1Password 6 Beta won't be able to connect to the extensions.

First, can you open the main 1Password 6 Beta app and tell me if you have data in there for Logins? If yes, open Chrome, visit one of the sites manually and go to the site's login page. Now, click on the 1Password icon, what do you see?

• nitrok
    nitrok
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike, thanks for quick response. I deleted 1Password4 before 1pasddowd 6 installation. On another computer I have fresh clean installation of the win10 and 1p6 works there with extension as you described. But 1) it does not suggest to save new passwords b) on the new window 1p extension not opened, I cant click on it, search for the site and login into it

• MikeT
    edited August 2016
    Options

Hi @nitrok,

Right now, 1Password 6 Beta's extension support is limited to basic filling when you're on a login page of which you have an existing Login item for.

1Password 6 Beta does not yet support auto-saving, show you an extension view when you're not on a login page and so on. All of this will be added over time as we continue to expand on the extension support in 1Password 6 Beta.

For now, what you're seeing is the only thing 1Password 6 can do.

• nitrok
    nitrok
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, at least I can login =)) any estimations for full functionality?

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @nitrok,

We don't have any timeframes for all of the features, we're going to ship a lot of updates in the next few months and extension is our first priority but there are other things we need to implement as well.

The next one we're working on will help with the URL matching improvements for the extension and a few other things that we don't want to confirm just yet as it may not make the cut for the update.

• nitrok
    nitrok
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, thank you!

• MikeT
    Options

You're welcome. I do think that if we manage to get the new feature in the next update, you'll like it a lot.

• pcamp96
    pcamp96
    Community Member
    Options

I've got the same issues with 1P 6, no auto save is really killing it for me. Is there any way to move back to 1P 4 if we have the family plan, just for the time being? I love 1P, works great on my Mac and my Android phone (even has fingerprint support! WOO!) but the issues I'm having on Windows are just killing it for me.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there @pcamp96,

Please send us an email at support+licenses@agilebits.com from the email address you have used to make your 1Password Families account and we'll take care of you. :) Please don't post it here as it is public support forum. Thanks in advance!

• pcamp96
    pcamp96
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @justgregb! Just shot the email, thanks!

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @pcamp96,

You'll need to use the 1Password app on Mac to manually copy any new data you've added to 1Password account to your local vault file that you're syncing to your 1Password 4 for Windows app. 1Password 4 for Windows does not work with 1Password.com accounts, only local vault files.

• pcamp96
    pcamp96
    Community Member
    Options

Interesting, thanks for the tip @MikeT.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @pcamp96,

1Password 6 Beta doesn't have export implemented yet, that's why I've mentioned 1Password for Mac as it does have that support. We hope to get export implemented ASAP, so no one will feel like they've locked in with 1Password.

• pcamp96
    pcamp96
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT Gotcha, thanks for the info! I was on the 1Password for Families trial, but that ended today, and I just did a full year payment, so I'll be locked in for a while, but that's OK with me ;)

I absolutely love 1Password, and will love it even more after the Chrome extension for 1P6 is fixed!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pcamp96: Thanks for your patience! We released a big update today, and while it doesn't include autosave, I think you're appreciate the progress we're making. We're not there yet, but we're getting closer. :)

• pcamp96
    pcamp96
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Awesome!! Will it auto roll out to the Chrome/Windows programs?

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @pcamp96,

Yes, as soon as you restart the 1Password app, it'll tell you about an update.

• pcamp96
    pcamp96
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, awesome. Thanks @MikeT!

• MikeT
    Options

You're welcome. Keep providing us with any feedback you have, we do use them to address what's next for us to work on.

• dvaughn
    dvaughn
    Community Member
    Options

I am also running on Windows 10 with the Chrome extension. I'm new to 1password, so forgive me if I'm missing something. From the extension and the latest beta of the app it appears there is no way to generate a password. From this thread it looks like all you can do is copy an existing password. Is that correct, or am I missing something? I'm hoping I'm missing something, as I have two Windows 10 laptops, an iPad, and an iPhone. Would be tough if I have to go to a Mac to generate better passwords.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @dvaughn,

The password generator is not in 1Password mini yet, that is coming in a future update. However, you can generate a new password in the main 1Password app.

Edit the Login item you want to change the password for, click on the icon next to the password field and it'll bring up the generator. Once you find the password you want, save it and then copy the new password. Old password will be recorded in the Previously used passwords section on the bottom of the item's details view.

If you don't want to change the password of an existing item but you want to just create a new password and nothing else, click on Add on the toolbar in the main 1Password 6 Beta app to select Password and use the icon next to the password field to generate the password before saving it. You can then copy the password to paste in elsewhere. Future updates will automatically copy the password to your clipboard when you create a new password via 1Password mini or the main 1Password app.

• dvaughn
    dvaughn
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @MikeT I hadn't found that yet. I really appreciate it!

• MikeT
    Options

You're welcome. We'll see if we can make this more obvious in a future update with a different design element as a lot of people would want to know how to do this.

This discussion has been closed.