Migrating from a frozen Teams account back to standalone vaults

Options
nick_is_long
nick_is_long
Community Member
edited August 2016 in Business and Teams

On the 29th June I purchased an individual license, I then set up a team account for a trial purpose. That trial has now expired, my account is frozen but 1Password 6 knows about my individual license.

What should I do to resolve this conflict so I can continue to use 1Password as an individual user?

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.3.1 (631006) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: 4.5.8.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• eastmans
    eastmans
    Community Member
    Options

Folks, I'm really confused and frustrated. I purchased the app for my devices and my laptop. Used it happily for quite awhile. Then I got an offer to try Teams for free. At the end of the trial I saw no benefit to pay a subscription. Now my account is frozen, my devices do not sink and I can not find out anything about riding myself of these teams and getting back to just using the app happily as I did at first. I noticed at the top of this forum there are others with the same issue but without response as yet.
    My question is simple. How can I get back to just using the app I purchased and have it sink across devices?
    Thanks in advance

• lhoops
    lhoops
    Community Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/52893/possible-to-switch-from-teams-back-to-single-user-version-of-1password

Helpful, but it doesn't address that when the account is frozen, you can't move or backup the data. I have the same issue.

• Ben
    Options
    This discussion was created from comments split from: What are 1Password individual accounts?.
  • lhoops
    lhoops
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue!! Please help. I've been writing down login credentials like its the Stone Age waiting for a solution.

• nick_is_long
    nick_is_long
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Yes, I cannot access my personal vault because my account is frozen. Perhaps I should have set up two separate accounts, but it is too late for that now. I'm stuck.

• nick_is_long
    nick_is_long
    Community Member
    Options

+1 I also have a post on this very subject. I need to unfreeze my account urgently

• nick_is_long
    nick_is_long
    Community Member
    Options

Should I be raising a support ticket for this problem?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nick_is_long, @eastmans, and @lhoops,

First of all, I just wanted to let you know that I’ve merged a few threads together, since we all seem to be looking for the same answer.

I’m sorry to hear that 1Password Teams isn’t quite what you’re looking for, but I’d be happy to help you migrate your data from your account back into standalone vaults.

I see that Nick mentions using 1Password for Mac, so I’ll provide instructions here for migrating using 1Password for Mac, but if any other platforms are involved, please let me know!

Since we’re talking about 1Password Teams accounts here, it is important that you have the appropriate permissions to make changes to the 1Password database. Please confirm your permissions before moving forward.

1. Go to "1Password > Preferences... > Advanced" from the menubar in the 1Password app on your Mac and put a checkmark in the "Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts" checkbox.
    2. Go to your 1Password Teams vault(s) in the app and select all items with the Command-A keyboard shortcut and copy them all to the new Primary vault by right-clicking (or Control-clicking) the list of selected items and choosing "Share > Primary > Copy" which should put them all in the new Primary vault.
    3. Repeat as necessary for any Teams vaults you have data in).
    4. Switch to the Primary vault from the vault switcher in the top-left corner of the app to confirm that everything moved over properly.
    5. If it did, you can remove the Teams account from "1Password > Preferences... > Accounts" from the menubar.

Please note that Documents are not currently supported in the standalone 1Password apps. If you have stored any documents in 1Password Teams, they will need to be downloaded separately and attached to items in the Primary vault.

I hope this helps, but if you have questions, we’re here for you!

• nick_is_long
    nick_is_long
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, this resolved my problem

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update, @nick_is_long!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.