Clipboard is not being emptied automatically

Cebcom
Cebcom
Community Member

Greeting to all. I was using 1Password on my iPhone probabely as of the day it was first launched.
Gratest app ever, what can I say. But I am no more on iPhone and am now Galaxy S7 edge. Bside all limitations the app has on Android, the (bug?) fact that it does not clear clipboard when it should is annoying. The app was set to clear it automatically after 60 seconds. But I just found out that all passowrds and credit card numbers I copied were nicely and openly available in clipboard which I just cleared manually.

I tried chanfing it to 30 seconds and still, the app does not clear it automatically.
So in adition to opening the app every time I need a passord and copying it manually I now need to clear clipboard manually every time. 1Password keyboard is just not a usable keyboard so I do not use it. If Agile can implememt a button to the standard keyboard I could live with this.

Will appreciate assistance. Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 6.0.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hey @Cebcom. Thanks for getting in touch with us today. :)

By default, Samsung devices come with their own Samsung keyboard installed, which can't be disabled. The default Samsung keyboard has a built-in clipboard manager that keeps track of clipboard history, so it captures everything that gets copied to the clipboard.

Unfortunately, the Samsung keyboard's built-in clipboard manager will override any 1Password settings. 1Password clears the system clipboard (that we have access to), but the Samsung keyboard keeps track of clipboard history, so it captures everything that gets copied to the clipboard. This is what you're seeing. Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do about that on our end as we don't have access to the Samsung keyboard.

I hope this clarifies things a bit! Let us know if you have further questions.

This discussion has been closed.