1Password UWP and Edge, new 1Password individual plan

This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password issues in Windows 10.

Comments

• teal_oak
    teal_oak
    Community Member

Is 1password subscription the only way I will be able to use UWP in windows 10 in the future and will you have extensions/support for MS edge browser.

• teal_oak
    teal_oak
    Community Member

I have just read posts about MS edge so forget about answering that bit. I am mainly concerned about the new subscription service for single user and my existing licence to use 1Password 4 (which will be a legacy software soon.) What do I have to pay in the future to use 1 password on my phone and laptop (win 10 uwp)?

• MikeT
    edited August 2016

Hi @teal_oak,

No, it won't be the only way, we'll support both subscription and local standalone licenses. Right now, 1Password 6 Beta apps on Windows are free to use regardless of subscription status. Once they go stable, you will need an 1Password.com account to edit your data but it will remain free even if your 1Password account expires. Local vault files will remain read-only but still free to use without 1Password account. In the future when we add full support for local vault files, we may add an in-app purchase for the UWP app to unlock this support like we do for the iOS and Android devices and this would only happen for people who wants the local app without the 1Password.com account.

If you sign up for 1Password.com individual plan prior to Sept 21st, it will come with 6 months trial, that means you have 6 months to decide if you want to pay to use the 1Password.com subscription and you won't need to add a credit card until then. In 6 months, when you decide, you'll be able to pay 2.99$ a month or 36$ a year.

• teal_oak
    teal_oak
    Community Member

Slightly confused here. So if I just want windows 10 uwp apps phone and PC and want them synced and edit both, then how much? And will it be possible without subscription. And when will it be ready?

• teal_oak
    teal_oak
    Community Member

I have signed up today for 1p for individuals using 1password.com and the 6m free trial (although only given 30 days) . I have copied passwords from the local vault (one drive) using 1p 6 and therefore have 2 vaults: one on your server and one local. How do I sync my windows 10 phone app so I can see change?

Yours confused.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• MikeT
    edited August 2016

Hi @teal_oak,

You need the 1Password.com subscription to be able to edit your data in your 1Password account. The subscription allows you access to all of our 1Password apps on all platforms without additional fees, meaning 1Password 6 app (UWP/desktop) on Windows, 1Password 6 on Mac, iOS, and Android including 1Password.com web app. The cost for the 1Password.com individual plan right now is 3.99$ USD monthly or ~36$ USD annually.

Without a subscription, you will need to buy a license for each app you want to use. Right now, 1Password 6 Beta for Windows is not available for standalone licensing, we don't have full local vault files support yet. Once we implement the full support for local vault files, you'll be able to buy a license for it. We don't have any information yet on when this will happen and/or how much.

We would recommend the subscription option as you don't have to worry about license upgrades, you'll get all 1Password apps including all future upgrades, hosted data on 1Password.com that you can access from anywhere and we'll take care of backups for you, so you don't have to do all of that stuff. You just use your 1Password.com account anywhere and you're all set.

• teal_oak
    teal_oak
    Community Member

Thank you. My post pre-dated joining 1p.com with the 6m free trial. I am now beginning to understand the subscription service. I have another post elsewhere about windows phone app though.

Regards

• Hi @teal_oak,

I've merged the other post into here.

I have copied passwords from the local vault (one drive) using 1p 6 and therefore have 2 vaults: one on your server and one local. How do I sync my windows 10 phone app so I can see change?

You need to migrate all of your data from the local vault file that you've synced via OneDrive and put it into a vault stored in your 1Password.com account. Once you do that, you can then remove the local vault file (OneDrive) and everything in 1Password.com account will be automatically pushed to all 1Password apps signed in to your 1Password account.

So, first thing, can you tell me what format is your vault via OneDrive, does it end in .opvault or .agilekeychain?

• teal_oak
    teal_oak
    Community Member

Sorted. Delete folder in ondrive and in users\appdata\local after uninstall and then reinstall 1p6. In windows phone uninstall app and then reinstall and add details from my1password.com. QR code scan did not work on phone. So far I am impressed.

Thanks

• MikeT
    edited August 2016

Hi @teal_oak,

Am I correct to assume you mean you're not impressed because of these issues. The QR scanner should be working but there are camera quality issues that we've found where many devices doesn't like scanning the QR code from an image that's high quality or the camera is too low quality.

Have you been able to migrate your data from the local vault file to your 1Password account?

• teal_oak
    teal_oak
    Community Member

No I really am impressed with 1P for individuals and my1password.com. Glad I made the move.

My phone scan of computer screen QR did not work x3 so entered manually. Lumia 950 20megapixel camera and screen surface Pro4 so maybe too much resolution

• Hi @teal_oak,

That's awesome to hear! Thank you for clarifying that up for me, we're really happy to know that we're on the right track with 1Password.com service. Stay tuned, there will be a lot of updates coming soon to improve the overall experience.

As for your Lumia, it won't work scanning off the monitor. You have to print out the QR code for the camera to work with it.

By the way, if you're using the UWP app on your desktop, you might want to try the desktop version of 1Password 6 Beta that now has a brand new 1Password mini with improved filling support for the browser extensions in Chrome, Firefox, and Opera.

This discussion has been closed.