How can I login into the Billing Tab?

Options
jtryon
jtryon
Community Member

I've checked my email address to see if it was the one that I signed up with and have the account key printed out in front of me so I know I'm using the right one. The other piece of information is the Master Password. I recently had to reinstall 1Password and so I don't know if the Master Password has changed, but I'm trying to use the one that allows me to login to 1Password in the browser extension and on the desktop. It's my understanding that once the Master Password doesn't work, you are locked out of the account since there is no way to access the information. Is there any way that I can get into my billing details?

I'm wanting to stop any payments or subscriptions.

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.8.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jtryon,

Your Master Password will never change unless you change it. Reinstalling the app will have no effect on the password.

Now, I’m seeing some potentially conflicting information in your post. Are you using 1Password with local vaults in addition to your 1Password account? (I see you note that you are using iCloud sync, which would not be necessary for the 1Password account.)

If you were using 1Password prior to setting up your 1Password account, there is a chance that the Master Password you used for the 1Password account is different than the Master Password that unlocks your primary vault in the app and browser extension. Which Master Password are you using when you try to access your 1Password account information in the browser?

• jtryon
    jtryon
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,

I don't think I'm using local vaults with 1Password. I'm using the same Master Password that I login to the desktop app with when I want to access all of the login items. It's possible that the Master Password is different. If that is the case, I don't have access to that Master Password.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jtryon,

That’s a bit baffling ... However, you mention above that your main goal here is to stop your subscription. If you email in to support@1password.com with your full name and using the email address that you signed up for your 1Password account, we might be able to help you that way.

This discussion has been closed.