30-day versus 6-month trial for 1Password Individual

Options

I signed up today for 1Password Individual but according to the Billing page I only have a 30-day free trial. I thought you were offering a six month free trial?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• DamianHole
    DamianHole
    Community Member
    Options

I tried signing up today to get the free six months, but think I stuffed up the signup process, as I wasn't asked to enter the code. Now I don't have the free six months and can't delete my account to try again.

Is it possible to have the six months free assigned to my account? Or just delete my account?

Thanks,
    Damian

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: kb-search:delete account, kb:undefined, kb-search:JUST4ME, kb:undefined, kb-search:JUST4ME

• blicksky
    blicksky
    Community Member
    Options

This also happened to me. I signed up because I saw the blog post about the promotion, but once I had completed creating my account, I saw that it said I have 30 days left. I then realized that you had to click the particular link on the homepage that brought you to a page to sign up with the promo code. I tried entering my email address there, but it said I already had an account. Will it be possible to extend our free trial to the promotional 6 months? The blog post states "To get in on this incredible deal, all you need to do is sign up for an individual 1Password account before September 21st, 2016." It doesn't say that you have to do so by clicking a particular link. I decided to read more on the 1Password website, and then once I decided I wanted to try it, just clicked on the first "Sign Up" link I found.

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks,

We had to semi-manually apply the promo for folks who signed up before the blog post. It seems there are at least a good handful of people we missed on the first sweep. I'm going to be checking to see if we can do another sweep.

If it isn't fixed by this time tomorrow please post back and we'll get it figured out.

Thanks!

Ben

• DamianHole
    DamianHole
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, wrong forum. I can't see how to move or delete though and don't want to cross-post, so hopefully it'll get an answer here.

• Michael Shingledecker
    Options

Appreciate it! I will let you know if it gets updated.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for your patience, Michael. And for reporting this while there's still plenty of time left on your 30 day trial to sort it out. :+1::chuffed:

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DamianHole,

I've merged your posts into a similar discussion under the Families category. See Ben's post above about how some new accounts haven't received the full six month trial promo and how we're handling it. Do let us know if it doesn't show up on your account within the next day or two so we can make sure it gets taken care of. Thanks!

• onevcat
    onevcat
    Community Member
    Options

The same for me.

I signed up a family account, but there is only 30-day trial time left in the account.
    Can I get the 6 months promo time too? Or it's just for Individual? (I am not sure why this post in under Families category.)

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Nice to find out about this. And I see that you have applied this promo to me, although I had not known about it.

Thanks for this. It goes a long way to answering any complaints about having to pay again when one already has a licence.

• teal_oak
    teal_oak
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I signed up today for the 6m free deal for individual with and a promo code free4u or something appeared but I see I only have 30days free use of this beta program. Could this be rectified please?

• tridztan
    tridztan
    Community Member
    Options

As the rest above, the same thing happened to me when I signed up for an individual account. Only got the 30 day free trial as opposed to the free six months trial as advertised. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

• giochocolatebro
    giochocolatebro
    Community Member
    Options

I just signed up for the service, I saw the promotion on a blog and I've been wanting to make the switch. On the website it saw it too. I just didn't click on the banner on your website, I just signed up. When I was signed in I saw I only have 30 days and then I realised I had to click the promo link.

Can the days be added to my account or do I have to make a new account?

• ArthurT_T
    ArthurT_T
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem.
    I also got the 30 day trial in stead of the 6 months trial. :)

• MacGeekPaul
    MacGeekPaul
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here, clicked the banner header for the 6 months free, it had pre-populated the promo code field with JUST4ME but my account is only showing a 30 day trial also?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2016
    Options

Hi @onevcat, @tridztan, @giochocolatebro, and @ArthurT_T,

I’ve located your account details in our back office records and applied the 6 month credit. Please let me know if there’s anything else we can do to help!

Hi @teal_oak, and @MacGeekPaul,

I took a quick look in our back office records, but it appears that you signed up for your 1Password account using a different email address than the one used in your forum profile. Please email in to support+forum@agilebits.com with your name and the email address that you used to sign up for your account and we’ll be happy to ensure that the credit is applied.

• Adrian_Ren
    Adrian_Ren
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there,

The same for me.

I just signed up this morning, and only got 30 days free trials. Any help would be appreciated.

I am using the same E-mail address in both this forum and 1password account.

Thank you

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Adrian_Ren,

Whoops, sorry about that! You should be all set now. :)

• Michael Shingledecker
    Options

@Megan, how about my account?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Michael Shingledecker,

My apologies. I understood that a general sweep of the database was planned to ensure that everyone had their details updated prior to my post.

Your account should be correctly updated now.

And for any future posters, I’ll make a request for all accounts to be checked to ensure that the discount is properly applied. :)

• Michael Shingledecker
    Options

Thanks @Megan and sorry about the confusion. I can confirm that my account now shows six months.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Michael Shingledecker,

Fantastic! Glad to hear it. :)

• Adrian_Ren
    Adrian_Ren
    Community Member
    Options

@Megan

Thank you very much. Wish you have a great day.

• tridztan
    tridztan
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan,

Thanks a bunch. I confirm 6 months credit has been applied. Very much appreciated.

• gadgetgeek
    gadgetgeek
    Community Member
    Options

@Megan ,

I just signed up for an individual account and placed in my banking info, etc. However, the 6 month promo was not applied either. Would you be able to make the change for me too, so that I receive this promo? Kindest Regards.

• blicksky
    blicksky
    Community Member
    Options

@Megan My account did not seem to be updated in the database sweep. Can you please help me?

• onevcat
    onevcat
    Community Member
    Options

@Megan Thanks! I can confirm that too! Great product and support. Thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@onevcat, @tridztan, @Adrian_Ren: Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Megan and the rest of the team, you are most welcome! :chuffed:

@gadgetgeek: I was able to find your account, and we'll reset the promo there and get back to you shorty.

@blicksky: I don't see any accounts under this email address, but if you'll shoot us an email at support@1password.com with that information and link the Support ID you receive here, we'll get that taken care of for you. Cheers! :)

• gbbentley
    gbbentley
    Community Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

Hello - my account is having the same issue and lists the 29 days left instead of 6 months. Would it be possible for you to fix this as well?

Thank you!

• SeTeM
    SeTeM
    Community Member
    Options

Hello!

I've also registered via "Sign up now and get 6 months free" from https://blog.agilebits.com/2016/08/03/new-1password-hosted-service, but in my billing information I see only "30 days left on your free trial".

Thanks,
    Vladislav.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gbbentley, @SeTeM: No problem! We'll take care of that for you. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.