Android: how to sync to a new server

Options
BaracCudax
BaracCudax
Community Member

I just wiped and reset my mac to its factory settings. Now that I have 1password reinstalled, how do I sync the "freshly installed" 1password mac with my 1password android, which contains all of my data? I couldn't choose "new" server in 1password android.

p.s. I only have license for 1password mac

Thanks,

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:syncing

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hey @BaracCudax. Were you previously syncing between your Mac and Android device using Wi-Fi sync? 1Password for Android allows you to configure sync with any single vault on any single computer. So if you've reformatted your Mac, 1Password on Android will be searching for the old vault and will ignore it if not found.

Please launch 1Password on Android and tap Settings > Advanced > Export primary vault. This will create a .opvault folder on your device's local storage. Then connect your Android device to your Mac with a USB cable. If you don't already have Android File Transfer installed on your Mac, you may need to install it. Then use the Android File Transfer tool to navigate to the .opvault folder you just created on Android and copy it to your Mac.

Once you have the .opvault folder safe and sound on your Mac, double click it. It should open right up in 1Password. Once you have restored your vault in 1Password on your Mac, you can go ahead and start over on Android to configure sync again.

Let me know how that goes!

• BaracCudax
    BaracCudax
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @peri, I couldn't export primary fault from my 1password android. It says "cannot backup, master pwd is not available".

Thanks,

• peri
    Options

Hi @BaracCudax. Can you let me know what Android device you're using, what version of 1Password you have installed, and if you have Fingerprint Unlock enabled?

Also, if you're using Fingerprint Unlock, tap Exit from the overflow menu, then unlock the app with your Master Password. Are you able to export now?

• BaracCudax
    BaracCudax
    Community Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

It works! Thanks, @peri

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Peri, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.