Windows Chrome extension use account instead of local vault

Options

I have installed the new 1Password 6 Beta in order to be able to use my recently registered 1Password account on my Windows 10 PC. How can I get the Chrome browser extension to connect to this vault instead of my previous, Dropbox-stored one?

1Password Version: 4.6 and 6 Beta
Extension Version: 4.5.9.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @stylva,

Bring up your Task Manager by right-clicking on the task bar to select Task Manager and then in the Processes tab, click on More details on the bottom to show all processes.

In the Background processes section, look for 1Password (32-bit) with the white lock icon and right-click on it to select End Task.

After this, open 1Password 6 Beta, unlock, and then restart your browser, go to the site's login page that you want to log in and click on 1Password icon, it should then fill.

To prevent 1Password 4 from taking over again, go to Task Manager again but switch to the Startup tab, disable the 1Password app on that list.

• stylva
    stylva
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, that seems to work!

• MikeT
    Options

Great, let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

By the way, we've just shipped a new update with 1Password mini included in 1Password Beta 6.0.184d, it contains a lot of improvements for filling as well. If you restart 1Password 6 Beta, you'll see the update.

This discussion has been closed.