1Password and 3 input fields

Options
as3h
as3h
Community Member

Hello guys,

My bank recently changed the login credentials - from username/password to username/birthday/password.
The problem is, that 1Password can only fill 2 fields (username/password), so now I have to manually fill all 3 fields. Is there any chance to fix this behavior? Site is: https://service.santanderconsumer.at/eva/

1Password Version: 6.5BETA-12
Extension Version: 4.5.7
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: -

Comments

• Hi @as3h,

Try the following:

1. Fill in the three fields but don't submit just yet.
    2. When the fields are filled in, choose Save new Login from the gear menu inside the 1Password menu.
    3. Next time you revisit the site, try to fill in with the new login you just saved.

I can't guarantee success as each site labels their fields differently, it makes it difficult to figure out which field is for which purpose, but this may work for you. If not, the worst case is you can set that item to fill without submitting, so it'll fill the username and password, but not submit the form yet, and then you can enter the birthdate manually and submit.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• as3h
    as3h
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Kevin,

I did as suggested - filled in all 3 fields, and saved it as a new login. Even though I can only see 2 fields in 1Password (username and password), the 3rd field is filled also with the correct data from 1Password.

Thanks a lot, this solves my problem! It would be nice to be able to view/edit the 3rd saved field in a future version of 1Password, if possible.

Cheers,
    Andy

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Andy ( @as3h ),

You should be able to view that third field in the web form details of your item.

The web form details include all of the information that 1Password saves for a particular form. In general, you shouldn’t need to make any changes to these details at all (and you want to be cautious when doing so, as it may change 1Password’s ability to fill.) But they are there if you want to take a peek. :)

• as3h
    as3h
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan,

Thank you very much, I missed that button.
    Problem solved!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @as3h,

I’m glad I was able to help!

I hope that 1Password behaves perfectly for you from now on, but if you have any other questions or concerns, we're here for you! :)

• gopher
    gopher
    Community Member
    Options

I've got a similar problem: 1Password appears to have the third field in the "Web Data" section, but isn't auto-filling it.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gopher,

Please follow the instructions to Save a New Login Manually. This should teach 1Password exactly which fields it needs to fill on that particular site.

If you’re still having difficulty, please let us know the web address so that we can do some testing on our end. :)

This discussion has been closed.