Account Key wrong after email-change

Options
Ystboml
Ystboml
Community Member

Hey there,

yesterday I changed my email-address in my new my.1passsword account. After changing it, I generated a new account key. But now neither the old account key nor the new account key works, so I am basically locked out of my account. I am still logged into my account on iOS, with my old email-address and my old account key. No combination of my previous or new email-addresses and account key works now.

What can I do now?

Best regards

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Ystboml,

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve run into this bug! Our team is already working to resolve it, and there should be a new build available soon that addresses the issue, but we’ll need to get your account sorted out manually. Please send a message in to support@1password.com. Include both the email address that you used to set up the account, and the email address that you changed it to, and we’ll get it straightened out. :)

• Ystboml
    Ystboml
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @Megan,

I already sent an email, but unfortunately I didn't get a response yet. Which is not so nice since I can't access my passwords :-(
    But thanks for you input, at least it's not
    my fault ;-)

Best regards!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Ystboml,

As you can imagine, it’s been a bit of a busy week for us with the launch of 1Password accounts for individuals, so our email response time might be a bit slower than usual. But I’d be happy to check on your email. I was unable to locate any messages in our system from the email address that you have in your forum profile. Could you share the support ID that you received from our BitBot assistant?

• Ystboml
    Ystboml
    Community Member
    Options

Sure, thanks!
    That would be support ID [#TUS-71616-997]

Thanks a lot!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Ystboml,

Thanks for sharing that! An awesome member of our development team has been working on fixing this and it looks like you should be able to sign in again.

If you’re still having difficulty, please let me know here and we’ll investigate further, but this should have your sorted out.

This discussion has been closed.