1Password 6 on Windows 10, just a white window..

Options
rage8885
rage8885
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Just signed up for a new account yesterday and installed on my Windows 10 laptop today, downloaded 6.0.184 and installed it. When I try and launch it, I just get a window with a white screen and nothing else. Titlebar says "1Password 6 Beta" and I can close it, but that's it.

1Password Version: 6.0.184
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 1511 10586.494
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:undefined, kb-search:windows

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @rage8885,

Is that a work laptop by any chance or are you in a restrictive network with a proxy involved?

If you restart it, it still shows a white screen?

• rage8885
    rage8885
    Community Member
    Options

I'm behind a network proxy, yes. Is there somewhere to configure 1Password for proxy support?

• MikeT
    edited August 2016
    Options

Hi @rage8885,

Not yet, 184d update should've taken care of most of the basic proxy setups. We will add a network setting view to add your proxy configuration data in a future beta update.

For now, could you email us your logs, so we can figure this out.

1. Open Windows File Explorer and enter the following in the address bar to open our diagnostics folder: %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password\Diagnostics
    2. Reproduce the issue in 1Password 6, you'll then see a current.txt file show up or updated if it was already created in the Diagnostics folder.
    3. Please email that to us at support+windowsbeta@agilebits.com with the link to this thread included, along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent it and we'll confirm we got the email.

• enrico_c
    enrico_c
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    the same problem here on Windows 7, under corporate proxy.
    No problem using internet connection without proxy, blank/white screen via proxy.

Toggling on and off the internet connection let 1Password 6 Beta for Windows (6.0.184d) start, but after that you are not able to login.

I sent the log to support+windowsbeta@agilebits.com.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@enrico_c: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: ZEZ-69687-594

• MikeT
    Options

Hi guys,

We've seen this issue and are investigating it. I don't use a proxy but it showed me a white screen 1 out of 10 restarts. We'll get this fixed soon.

@enrico_c / @rage8885, just for your knowledge, I've moved this thread to our Windows Beta forum as this is a beta app we're dealing with.

• Alexander Sanchez Baena
    Alexander Sanchez Baena
    Community Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

Same problem here, but not in a beta version. Updated to latest version today, and now I only get the white screen. Please help me out here since I don't have access to my password data!

I've tried an uninstall/re-install. No results...

• Alexander Sanchez Baena
    Options

Hm, seems this problem was isolated to a TeamViewer session. On the desktop itself it seems to work after a re-install...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Alexander Sanchez Baena: That's odd. It sounds like it may just be a display glitch with TeamViewer if it works normally on the machine itself. Be sure to let us know if you notice anything else!

This discussion has been closed.