Team account + personal account on one computer

Options
Jaytron
Jaytron
Community Member

My office uses 1Password team and I've fallen in love with the product. I already purchased a license for myself so I can have a personal version to use at home. However, is there a way to easily have both my personal account and my team account logged into the same computer? Or are there easy ways to switch between the two if I'm on my personal computer and and am working?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Jaytron,

Thanks for asking about this.

You can absolutely sign in to multiple 1Password accounts in the app. In 1Password on my Mac, I'm signed into both a family account that I share with my wife and the team account for AgileBits. It's pretty great. :)

If you're already signed in to one account in the 1Password app, choose 1Password > Preferences > Accounts then click the + button to sign in to another one.

• Jaytron
    Jaytron
    Community Member
    Options

I feel like an idiot because that was so simple. lol.. It's been a busy week.

Thank you!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey, no worries at all, @Jaytron. It's been a busy week for me as well, so I'm glad neither of us needed to spend a bunch of time troubleshooting something complicated. :)

Enjoy your weekend!

• colinclausen
    colinclausen
    Community Member
    Options

I have a question along these lines... we use teams and share certain computers. how can we easily toggle between team members logging in within the windows beta teams environment?

• Jacob
    Options

@colinclausen Good question. Right now, the only way to do this is by signing in and out from 1Password.com in a browser. We don't have a "profiles" concept in 1Password for Windows at the moment, but it's something we've gotten a lot of requests for. Thanks for the vote. :)

• colinclausen
    colinclausen
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply @jacob

In utilizing the web browser approach, would users need to enter their account key as well as their password any time they toggled to their user?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@colinclausen: The browser can save the Account Key locally in it's secure storage, but you can use the "This is a public or shared computer" when logging in to prevent that. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.