1Password mini

Options
Sebby
Sebby
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I hope I'm posting this in the right place. Apologies if not.

I was really pleased to see that 1Password mini has now arrived. It's a great start.

In addition to 1Password 6 that I have installed to use my Teams account, I also have a standalone license for my personal stuff and have 1Password 4 installed. Should it be possible to fill logins using 1Password mini from both my Teams account and my standalone?

Initially the extension was only showing my standalone logins. After ending the 2 running 1Password tasks, it is now showing only my Teams logins.

1Password Version: 6.0.184d
Extension Version: 4.5.8.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Sebby: First of all, thank you for your kind words, support, and willingness to give us feedback on 1Password!

Unfortunately the browser extensions can only communicate with one 1Password app at a time. If you leave 1Password 4 closed, you'll be able to use 1Password 6 in the browser. Whereas if you open 1Password 4, it will take over there.

One partial workaround though is to add your local vault (via folder sync) in 1Password 6. You won't be able to edit the local vault there, but then your logins in the local vault can be offered alongside your 1Password Teams data using 1Password 6's browser integration.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions! :)

• Sebby
    Sebby
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Thanks for the quick reply.

Yep, that works, thank you!

How would I setup folder sync? My personal 1Password database is stored on Dropbox (more than happy for it to be read only).

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Sebby,

I'd recommend using the built-in Dropbox sync in 1Password 6 Beta to import the local vault file. You can use the Folder Sync but it will be slow to use compared to Dropbox. Dropbox has a smarter API that can keep track of file changes for us where Folder Sync currently has to scan the entire folder to find the changes.

To do this:

1. Open 1Password 6 Beta, unlock, and go to Settings on top right to select Accounts & Vaults > Sign in to Dropbox
    2. Log in to your Dropbox account and then it should return the list of 1Password vaults it found. Select the vault file you want to use and unlock it.
    3. As the app is not finished yet, as soon as you unlock the vault, it will look as if the vault is empty, the app is in fact downloading your data but it doesn't show any progress indication or feedback. Wait several minutes depending on your vault's size and then click on "All Items" to refresh the view. After that, you should see your data.

I hope that helps.

• Sebby
    Sebby
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT Fantastic, this is a game changer!

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Sebby,

You're welcome and I'm glad you like it. We have a lot of cool stuff coming soon for 1Password 6 Beta.

This discussion has been closed.