Extended unlock period for 1Password 4.6.0 beta 608 for Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Options
dszp
dszp
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi, after upgrading from Windows 10 Pro 1511 to Windows 10 Pro 1607 (Anniversary Update) today, I've noticed that 1Password 4.6.0 Beta build 608 (and build 606 which I was at before upgrading) is sitting on the "unlocking" screen (after I type my password and before the list of logins is displayed) for an extended period. Say, 5 minutes or so. Then it opens normally. I've always had major speed issues which I know are being eventually resolved with version 6, but the unlock went from about 30-45 seconds which I was used to up to 4-5 minutes at least, consistently even after reboot. Not using secure desktop for unlock. App appears frozen during this time with the pop up "unlocking" dialog box, but I CAN use the Chrome extension to find and fill sites during this time so it appears to be a UI issue (unfortunately I usually copy several TOTP codes from the GUI to complete logins so the main app taking so long to display is sending me to my iPhone to get TOTP codes!).

1Password Version: 4.6.0.BETA-608
Extension Version: 4.5.9.1
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro version 1607
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dszp: I hate to say it, but I had just been thinking it seemed slightly faster since the update...but of course we likely have very different setups. I'm sorry you're having this problem. 5 minutes definitely seems way too long. I've got a low end Surface that's on the slow side, and it isn't even that bad. :(

If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart Windows reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report and send it to support+forums@agilebits.com so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. Thanks in advance!

• dszp
    dszp
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty thanks! Diagnostics just sent. It looks like this time it was over 3 minutes, hadn't timed it well before (and this was just eyeballing it this time--but it's definitely multiple times as long as it was just prior to the Anniversary Upgrade). This is on a Surface Pro 3 with i5, 250GB SSD, 8GB RAM.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2016
    Options

@dszp: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

Three minutes would definitely seem like an eternity. I'd be siting there wondering if it was completely frozen. And I really appreciate the hardware info as a frame of reference. I kind of wish my Surface had as much memory as storage. :lol:

ref: HLA-62633-877

• dszp
    dszp
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty with 140 tabs open now (and up to 250 open recently) in Chrome, I often wish I had at least 16GB of RAM like my old laptop had, for sure :-) Running the extension The Great Suspender helps. As does paring down my tabs...but that's the harder solution...

On the plus side, the 6 Beta is filling in form fields so fast (v4 has a bit of a delay just clicking the extension button, but it's more like 5-10 seconds) I haven't seen speed like that since LastPass before I left, so that's a good sign :-)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Running the extension The Great Suspender helps. As does paring down my tabs...but that's the harder solution...

@dszp: You're preaching to the choir, man... :lol:

On the plus side, the 6 Beta is filling in form fields so fast (v4 has a bit of a delay just clicking the extension button, but it's more like 5-10 seconds)

Glad to hear that even with a "meager" 8GB/i5 it's working well for you in that regard! ;)

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2016
    Options

@dszp Today, Microsoft has released a cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1607 (KB3176495). I'm curious if this works better for you maybe.

• dszp
    dszp
    Community Member
    Options

@svondutch I will check today; I installed that update yesterday but haven't used 1P4 since!

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @dszp,

Check out the new 186d update today, it has the TOTP support.

• dszp
    dszp
    Community Member
    Options

@svondutch I did try 1Password 4 this morning after that update yesterday. Close to 3 minutes to unlock...around the same as I was seeing, I timed 2 min 18 seconds on my stopwatch but counted mentally for about 30-40 seconds before I got the app open, hence "close to 3 minutes" :-) Didn't feel any faster.

@MikeT I actually had the new version installed before you posted, it prompted me when I opened it this morning. It's AWESOME! GUI is polishing up and the copy-TOTP-to-clipboard worked like a charm for both of my daily logins for work this morning!

• MikeT
    edited August 2016
    Options

Hi @dszp,

That's great to hear. I'll look at your diagnostics report soon and will reply to your email as soon as possible.

This discussion has been closed.