Unable to autofill Username/password for icloud

Options
sac48578
sac48578
Community Member
edited August 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I have this problem on both my pc's, both running windows 10 and using firefox. When I go to the login page for iCloud, I click my 1 password button in the browser and iCloud is listed. However nothing gets posted into the fields. I have to right click and copy and then paste to login. I tried deleting the login in 1 password and then typing the information, hoping that 1Password would prompt me to recognize the website, but i don't get a prompt to remember the login. All other sites work i'm only having problem with icloud.com. Is there a work around (other than manual copy and paste) or is this just the way icloud is handling the logins? This has been going on for a couple of weeks.

Comments

• MikeT
    edited August 2016
    Options

Hi @sac48578,

Try this:

1. Open the main 1Password 4 application, unlock and go to the File Menu > Preferences > Logins
    2. Check Enable Multiple URLs and save it.
    3. Go to the Help Menu > Restart 1Password Helper

Try again with iCloud, does it work now?

• sac48578
    sac48578
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, but no luck. Still no prompt to save my login or no ability to auto fill input fields.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sac48578: Since you didn't include any version information in your post, I wonder if you're using an outdated browser or extension, which would account for the different behaviour you're experiencing. Please tell me the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action. The more information you can give, the better, so be sure to include the exact URL as well. Thanks in advance! :)

• sac48578
    sac48578
    Community Member
    Options

1Password Version 4.6.0.604,
    Extension 4.5.8 (Firefox)
    OS Version 6.2.9200, win 10 Pro (just manually checked for updates).
    Firefox Version: 47.0.1

Normally, or at least used to; I go to https://www.icloud.com, then click on the 1password icon in the toolbar, and icloud would be at the top, select it and it would paste into the username and password field. Life was great. However, recently, i would click icloud from the top of the drop down list, and nothing would appear in either the username or password blocks. From there i could manually type my username and passowrd or right click "icloud" from the list, which would bring up a second window that i could select and copy my username and password. It is this manual typing or copying of my username and password is what i'm trying to avoid. However i have since deleted my old icloud saved login (hoping that recreating it would fix it). However, i can't seem to get 1password to ask me to 'save this login". I can and have tried manually creating the login from the application window. However this does not autofill my creditials. On all other sites i have tried, 1 password does auto fill correctly and does prompt me if i want to save my username/password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sac48578: I was able to autosave and fill at iCloud.com using 1Password 4.6.0.604 and extension 4.5.8. Firefox 48 was released last week, so I wonder if the pending update is causing this trouble for you. Be sure to address that first, and restart Windows. However, in many cases manually saving a new login for the site will allow 1Password to save additional information from the form. Just try these steps:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosumbit disabled

I hope this helps. Please let me know how it turns out! :)

• sac48578
    sac48578
    Community Member
    Options

Eureka!!! You're awesome! Thank you so much, that totally worked.

• MikeT
    Options

That's great to hear and on behalf of Brenty, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.