Windows build 185 crashing after signing in. [185d has been pulled, downgrade to 184d instead]

richardszalay
richardszalay
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I'm seeing a consistent crash after entering my master password on the newly released build 185. The error in the log is showing an exception thrown from the AgileBits.OnePassword.ObjectModel.TeamSession static constructor.

It looks like the Systen.Net.Http dependency updated to 4.1.0.0, but that version of the assembly either didn't make it into your shipped MSI or didn't install onto my machine for some reason. I've been able to work around the problem by manually download the right version of the assembly, but that's probably not going to be much help for less technical users.

Stack trace from log (just the AB frames):

2016-08-08T08:17:25 App exception 0x80131534: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'AgileBits.OnePassword.ObjectModel.TeamSession' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Net.Http, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
   at AgileBits.OnePassword.ObjectModel.TeamSession..cctor()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at AgileBits.OnePassword.ObjectModel.TeamSession..ctor(Uri uri, Func`1 authorizeAsync)
   at AgileBits.OnePassword.ObjectModel.TeamAccount..ctor(AccountRow row) in C:\code\onepassword-rt\AgileBits.OnePassword.Shared\ObjectModel\TeamAccount.cs:line 51
   at AgileBits.OnePassword.ObjectModel.AccountsBank.CreateAccount(AccountRow row) in C:\code\onepassword-rt\AgileBits.OnePassword.Shared\ObjectModel\AccountsBank.cs:line 123
   at AgileBits.OnePassword.ObjectModel.AccountsBank.<ReloadAccountsAsync>d__13.MoveNext() in C:\code\onepassword-rt\AgileBits.OnePassword.Shared\ObjectModel\AccountsBank.cs:line 105
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at AgileBits.OnePassword.ObjectModel.AccountsBank.<AppKeyAvailableAsync>d__8.MoveNext() in C:\code\onepassword-rt\AgileBits.OnePassword.Shared\ObjectModel\AccountsBank.cs:line 31
   at AgileBits.OnePassword.App.<<-ctor>b__24_0>d.MoveNext() in C:\code\onepassword-rt\AgileBits.OnePassword.Shared\App.cs:line 100
   at AgileBits.OnePassword.ObjectModel.AppLock.<LoginAsync>d__11.MoveNext() in C:\code\onepassword-rt\AgileBits.OnePassword.Shared\ObjectModel\AppLock.cs:line 46
   at AgileBits.OnePassword.ObjectModel.LoginDataContext.<LoginAsync>d__7.MoveNext() in C:\code\onepassword-rt\AgileBits.OnePassword.Shared\ObjectModel\LoginDataContext.cs:line 41
   at AgileBits.OnePassword.UI.LoginPage.<UnlockAsync>d__14.MoveNext() in C:\code\onepassword-rt\AgileBits.OnePassword.Desktop\UI\LoginPage.xaml.cs:line 70
   at AgileBits.OnePassword.UI.LoginPage.<PasswordBox_KeyDown>d__13.MoveNext() in C:\code\onepassword-rt\AgileBits.OnePassword.Desktop\UI\LoginPage.xaml.cs:line 36

Comments

• Hi @richardszalay,

Thanks for reporting this. We've already pulled the build a few minutes after shipping when we saw the crash.

The packaging tool we were using didn't include the dll file correctly and we're investigating the cause of that.

We don't recommend trying to download .dll file elsewhere that is not signed by Microsoft.

I recommend you uninstall 185d and downgrade to 184d here: https://rink.hockeyapp.net/apps/0cb99692bcdb47abb89fad56dfd56d0c

• richardszalay
    richardszalay
    Community Member

I downloaded the correct versioned assembly from NuGet, so I'm happy to continue using 185 for now.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for your patience. We'll get this sorted out for the next release!

This discussion has been closed.