Migrating to an account

khad
khad
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password Account.

Comments

• antoniohud
    antoniohud
    Community Member

I purchased 1Password for my MacPro from the App Store last year and an iOS app. I use Dropbox to sync between my Apple devices. I have a second computer now, a PC and I now wish to run 1Password on that as well but due to the App Store purchase I do not have an account. When I try to purchase an individual license it sends me to the subscription page and offers me a new "Account Key" and asks me to choose a new Master Pass. I want to make sure that I will not I will not lose access to my current saved vault data shared with my Apple Devices. Will this merely be a matter of updating the licensing for the Mac apps?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @antoniohud,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry for any confusion.

If you sign up for a 1Password account subscription (individual, family, or team), you can easily move your existing 1Password data to your 1Password account. You won't lose a thing. :+1:

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. :)

• antoniohud
    antoniohud
    Community Member
    edited August 2016

Hey, thanks for getting back so fast. I just created the account and a new vault with the web interface, but after I download and install the mac app and enter credentials I am accessing the old, Mac App Store version data. how do I log in to this new subscription version?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@antoniohud,

The app is the same. It gives you access to both local vaults (if you have existing data, it would be in a local vault or vaults) and the vaults in your 1Password account — side by side.

Click All Vaults to see a list of all your vaults and switch between them.

From one of your existing local vaults, you can move items into your new 1Password account.

Does that help?

• antoniohud
    antoniohud
    Community Member

Yes, but after I move to new vault, invoking "Delete Vault" for the old will crash every time

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @antoniohud,

Could you confirm which version of the Mac App you’re using? Version information can be found in the ‘About 1Password’ section of the 1Password menu.

I’d also like to try a quick restart, just to clear things out:

1. Use ⌘⌃Q ( Command-Control-Q ) to quit both 1Password and 1Password mini.
    2. Restart your Mac.
    3. Open 1Password.

Are you able to delete a vault now?

• antoniohud
    antoniohud
    Community Member

This is Version 6.3.1 downloaded last night. After reboot still unable to delete old vault. I'm trying this on OSX 10.10.5

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @antoniohud,

Just to confirm - do you have multiple vaults outside of your 1Password account or are you trying to delete the primary vault?

Once you have removed all of your non-primary vaults, you should be able to uncheck the option here and remove the primary vault as well.

If you’re still struggling, let’s take a closer look at your system to see if we can determine where things are getting tangled up.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• antoniohud
    antoniohud
    Community Member
    edited August 2016

I am migrating from the old App Store version to the subscription model so i can use with me new PC as well. Therefore I have the old 'Primary' and then two under the new Account.
    The directions for migration said that after I copied the contents of 'Primary' to 'FxvetMain' I should delete 'Primary', so that's what I've been attempting.
    I've uploaded a Diagnostic Report [#EYH-57645-811]

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @antoniohud,

We've received your Diagnostics Report - thanks for sending it in! I've updated the email thread with the necessary details from this forum discussion so that it is easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some further information. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

ref: EYH-57645-811

This discussion has been closed.