Unable to access my.1password.com in Windows 10 beta app

amjbrown
amjbrown
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Long term (experienced) user of 1Password (since the days when password was slept differently).

I am trialling the individual 1Password Accounts product. I have it set up on the iPad, copied across an entry, loaded it on a web browser on the iPad and checked that on a Chrome browser on my work Windows 10 PC. Not tried the iMac or MBA at home yet, but so far so good.

I downloaded the Windows 10 beta of 1Password 6, and I cannot log in to the 1Passwrod Accounts vault. I select teams and families, key all the data in correctly and get the message "Unable to sign in, please check details provided and your network connection". The network connection seems happy enough in the browser and I have checked the details copying the QR code into a file and loading that. Nothing helps.

Any thoughts?

Kind regards
Alastair

1Password Version: 6 beta
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password Account

Comments

• amjbrown
    amjbrown
    Community Member

I couldn't find how to access the version number in the Windows 10 app (I am stuck at the front door with no vault) but the browser page I initiated the download from is still there, so...

Version 6.0.184

• @amjbrown are you behind proxy by any chance? This is top reason the network connection fails. We've added a way to configure proxy in the app (including configuring from welcome screen) and tried to release it yesterday as 6.0.185. Unfortunately our packaging was imperfect and we had to pull 6.0.185 as we started to receive crash reports (one of the DLLs didn't make it in the right shape, we are looking at alternatives now).

As for version discovery, you are right, we could probably put it somewhere on the screen so you could see it. I know one good place and we will talk with design team in few minutes, to ensure we do not confuse people anymore :)

• amjbrown
    amjbrown
    Community Member

I am sure I am. Will wait for the updated version containing proxy configuration and report back. Thanks.

• Thank you @amjbrown and sorry for the delay, it was a surprise attack from dependencies. We've figured what booby trap we stepped in and executing disarm plan now.

• amjbrown
    amjbrown
    Community Member

Newly available Version 6.0.186 downloaded and installed.

I am in!!

Thank you :)

• I'm glad to hear that, thanks for telling us!

This discussion has been closed.