Is more granular password sharing than Vaults coming?

Options

I'm advocating moving our 20+ person team from using Dashlane internally over to 1Password. Dashlane has a much more granular sharing model, where each password is individually shared from person to person. In general I'm not a fan of this and think the 1Password 'Vault' method is better - but there are times this is not the case.

Is something more granular coming? I recall seeing a note about role-based password sharing in a recent AgileBits newsletter, but I can't find anything about it now? Am I mistaken?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• I agree! Controlling access to individual items simply does not scale after you get to a few hundred items.

At the same time, we would love to make it simpler to share individual items when it is more convenient or when the item needs to be exchanged between two users. We are currently working on an option to share individual items. I hope to make it available in beta later this week.

• andrelackmann
    andrelackmann
    Community Member
    Options

Awesome.. you guys rock. How do I get involved in the beta program?

• Thank you!

You can enable beta features in Team Settings > Beta.

• hesspaul
    hesspaul
    Community Member
    Options

Great to hear that some sort of one-off or single item sharing procedure is in the works.

As a lay-user (compared to many on these forums) I also want to point out to other lay users who might be browsing here that more granular than teams, you also have: individual vault sharing (access can be defined per user), groups of users (each user in a group will have the same combination of access levels to different vaults), and free guests (each of whom can have customized access to any one single vault).

• Ben
    Options

Indeed! Thanks for sharing (no pun intended), @hesspaul!

Ben

• zuccs
    zuccs
    Community Member
    Options

Any ETA on this feature? Thanks!

• We don’t have anything to announce just yet, @zuccs but it is still high on the to-do list and we’ve made note in your interest in this feature to pass along to the development team. We won’t keep you waiting too much longer. :)

• ddewit
    ddewit
    Community Member
    Options

Will this include the ability to share password across teams?

We have two sister companies that have their own teams in 1Password. But there are some servers / services that we share, so we would like to share some of our passwords across those two teams.

• It could, theoretically. We haven't sorted out all the details about this yet, but I imagine we'll roll out individual item sharing before sharing with other 1Password accounts.

This discussion has been closed.