Asked to re-enter master password?

froghammer
froghammer
Community Member

I just opened my 1Password application on my Mac. After being open for about 15 seconds, I got a dialog box prompting me to re-enter my master password, which I did. This has never happened and seems rather suspicious. What's going on?

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:asked to reenter password

Comments

• brettcannon
    brettcannon
    Community Member

According to the Android app it gets up to AUTH and then fails. Mac app also never seems to sync either as a login I created through the web app isn't showing up.

1Password Version: Android 6.3.3, 1Password 6 Version 6.3.1 (631006)
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:syncing failing

• brettcannon
    brettcannon
    Community Member

My Android phone has now synced my the Mac app still has not.

• brettcannon
    brettcannon
    Community Member

Signing out of 1Password on Mac and back in synced things again.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Sorry for the trouble, @brettcannon. There was a hiccup earlier that required folks to reauthorize the apps after signing in on 1Password.com. We fixed that pretty quickly, so you shouldn't have any further trouble. Please let me know if you do, though.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@froghammer, I merged your post with this other thread for the same issue. Please see my reply above and let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

• froghammer
    froghammer
    Community Member

@khad Thanks for the quick turn around and the explanation. Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after my Lucky Charms.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @froghammer

On behalf of Khad, you're very welcome! I'm also of the idea of "better safe than sorry"! If there's anything else we can do for you, please don't hesitate to ask! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.