Unable to sign in from strict corporate network

Options
codran
codran
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi,

I've managed to sign in to 1Password 6 Beta for Windows from my home PC, but for some reason I can't sign in from my work PC.

This is for a personal 1Password account (my.1password.com).

I get the error message "Unable to sign in, please check details provided and your network connection."

The network blocks outgoing HTTP requests and mandates that they all go through a proxy server. This is configured by Group Policy automatically, and applies to the whole system (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Outlook etc.)

However, if I use Fiddler as the system proxy, I don't see any network requests from 1Password.

Is Fiddler using system proxy settings? If not, can you please fix this?

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 1607 ("Anniversary Update"), 14393.10
Sync Type: 1Password Cloud

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @codran,

The issue is that Windows isn't giving us the data we need to route your data through the system's proxy server. The good news is that we've made a lot of internal network changes and the upcoming 6.0.185d update will help, as our internal beta testers have confirmed it works for them with a few issues that we then fixed as well.

The upcoming 185d update will also have an area where you can enter your proxy credentials that might help as well. We found that even though 1Password was told to use the default credentials that is stored in Windows, it won't work until the user enter it manually within 1Password.

We should have this out within a few days, we're working through a packaging issue that caused our previous release of 185d to ship with a missing file.

This discussion has been closed.