Share login/file only with only certain family members

Options
ohoover
ohoover
Community Member

I am interested in buying "familes". Can you share a login or document with only certain members but not all members?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ohoover,

The best way to selectively share items with your family is to set up a few different vaults. For example, you might have one vault for your partner and yourself with all the banking information that you share, and then a separate vault for the kids with the ‘important’ stuff like the Netflix Login.

I hope this helps, but we’re here if you have any other questions!

• ohoover
    ohoover
    Community Member
    Options

so a vault can be created and only shared with certain members and not all members correct?
    Also I am currently under my 6 months free trial of individual account. If I upgrade to families, do I lose it?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ohoover

so a vault can be created and only shared with certain members and not all members correct?

That's correct, you can create vaults shared with exactly whoever you want: just yourself, one person, five... and there's no limit on how many vaults you can create.

Also I am currently under my 6 months free trial of individual account. If I upgrade to families, do I lose it?

When we first launched 1Password Families a few months ago it had it's own early adopter special. Unfortunately, if you change to families you will not be able to get the benefits of the early adopter special for the individual plan.

If you have any other questions or there's anything else you'd like to know, please don't hesitate to ask! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.