Displaying the Vault name in an individual account

Options
rlgleason51
rlgleason51
Community Member

While in a vault in an individual account, it would be very helpful if the name of the active vault was displayed. I, for one, sometimes forget where I am.

Is there a way to do this? I noticed this in iOS, but may also be this way in OS.

1Password Version: 6.4.4 and 6.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.11.6 and iOS 9.3.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Display the Vault name in an individual account

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rlgleason51,

I’m not quite sure what you’re referring to here, but it sounds to me like you’re looking at this screen on iOS:

The icon in the top left corner indicates that we’re currently in ‘All Vaults’. When you switch to a different vault (by tapping on the All Vaults icon, the icon will change to whichever vault is active. Unfortunately, on iOS we have very little screen real estate to display the full vault name.

In 1Password for Mac, we use the same sort of concept, but we’ve got a bit more space there to display vault names:

I hope this helps, but please let me know if I’m misunderstanding your question. :)

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I am looking at the iOS screen, but looks different as shown below. As I see it, there is no indication as to what vault I am looking at unless I show the list to see which one is selected.

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member
    Options

Okaaaay: I think I know what is happening. One can have different icons for different vaults, correct? Since I am using default, they all appear the same, correct?

Is there a list of icons to choose from, or do I have to import my own? How does one change the icons anyway?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rlgleason51,

Thanks for clarifying! Have you been customizing your vaults as you add them to your 1Password account? In the web interface, you can choose an image from your library to represent the vault. Does this help?

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member
    Options

Yep. It does help. Thanks

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.