helping getting windows app connected to account

Options

I just downloaded the windows app and I am trying to get it connected to my 1password account. All I see at the start of the app is 3 options : new, returning user, from backup. When I click returning, it is asking for a local vault but my vault is in the cloud with you guys.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: win 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @ohoover,

1Password 4 for Windows doesn't support 1Password.com accounts, you have to use 1Password 6 Beta instead. You can find it in the Get the apps page on 1Password.com web site when you're signed in, click on the account name on top right to select Get the apps. You'd want to use this page, so you can copy the QR code to set up the desktop app quickly.

You can also find 1Password 6 Beta directly here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/64591/help-us-welcome-1password-6-to-our-windows-family#latest

• ohoover
    ohoover
    Community Member
    Options

Ok I installed the beta and the google extension. After closing/opening chrome I click the ext and it prompts for master password. I enter it and it just continues to spin with "connecting"

• ohoover
    ohoover
    Community Member
    Options

Also can you provide a link to the latest google chrome ext. When I google it, I am seeing all different versions.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @ohoover,

Make sure you uninstall 1Password 4 first because if 1Password 4's Helper is still running, it'll connect to the 1Password extension in your browser.

After that, make sure 1Password 6 Beta has your 1Password.com data and it is opened before you open Chrome.

Here's the site for getting the extension: http://www.agilebits.com/browsers/index.html

• ohoover
    ohoover
    Community Member
    Options

ok I got it to work. Disappointed that you have to open the app before opening chrome. I like how it works on the mac version as it is much smoother.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @ohoover,

That's because 1Password 6 Beta (new program) is still young and it hasn't been optimized yet. We've only added support for the extension integration a month ago and 1Password mini last week. Once we add a setting to allow 1Password mini to run all the time, you won't need to open the main 1Password app first.

This is because 1Password mini is a part of the main 1Password app, it's the same process but it is not running all the time yet. So, once you unlock the main app, 1Password mini becomes available in the browser.

It's the same on macOS, there's a setting to run it all the time. If you disable it, the browser extension won't work until you open 1Password first.

This discussion has been closed.