Can I compare two vaults?

Spaceman
Spaceman
Community Member

When I first set up "Families", I wasn't real sure on how it worked vs the single user mode I had been using for years. I must have copied my Primary vault contents to my new Personal vault instead of moving them. Thus, I have had two vaults. Over time, I have made changes to passwords but am not sure in which vault they were updated.

Is there a way to compare the two vaults and determine which items have been added/modified in the Primary vault so I can move them to the Personal one and delete the Primary vault?

Regards,

John

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi John,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I'm sorry for the trouble. Unfortunately at the moment there is no easy way to compare vaults side by side.

One things that may help, if you have 1Password for Mac, is you can sort your items by modification date. Just under the search bar you should see some text to the effect "X items sorted by Title". Clicking on this text will bring up your sort options. Changing this to date modified will allow you to more quickly scan your items for recent changes. If you do this with just your Primary vault selected in the vault switcher (instead of All Vaults) you should be able to quickly see what items have been modified in that vault.

Hopefully as we continue to improve 1Password this is a point that we can look at.

Thanks!

Ben

• Spaceman
    Spaceman
    Community Member

Ben,

Thanks for the quick response and thanks for the great idea. I have never used the sorting feature (other than by title) so I did not even think about that. This will certainly help.

• You're most welcome. Glad to hear that will help @Spaceman! :)

If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.