Mixing Standalone and Family

Lance Rasmussen
Lance Rasmussen
Community Member

I have the standalone using Dropbox. I use with IOS, Mac, Windows at home and Windows at work. I have two vaults - One for my work stuff and one for my personal.

I want to separate things out so that I use Family for my personal with my home Windows, Mac and IOS, which would do it's syncing with Agile and then continue with Dropbox for my work vault on my Work machine, but still have access to the passwords from my IOS when traveling.

What's the best way to go about this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• dsappana
    dsappana
    Community Member
    edited August 2016

I recently just did that. Completely got off my Standalone.

I added Family account to my 1password, then "moved" all my passwords over from Standalone to Family. I then "started over" (a feature under "Help" -> "Troubleshooting" for Mac) to get rid of my "Primary" vault which is from the Standalone account, and then I just started a slow clean up.

[Edit]
    Sorry, I just reread about keeping the Primary vault for work. Should technically be the same, but without "starting over".

• Hey @Lance Rasmussen! Good question. You can continue using Dropbox to sync things by simply syncing your Dropbox vault to your devices. In 1Password for iOS, tap Settings -> Sync Sync Additional Vault to do this. In 1Password for Mac, choose 1Password -> Preferences from the menu bar and click the Advanced tab, then check the "Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts" box so you can create local vaults if it's not already enabled.

To add your work vault back if you don't have it in on your Mac, just double-click the vault file in Dropbox and enter its password.

Hope that helps for now! :)

This discussion has been closed.