1Password mini keyboard shortcut to create new login

jtrin
jtrin
Community Member

Hello,

I searched through the forums and couldn't find this suggestion, so I figured I'd post:

It would be great to have a global keyboard shortcut to create new login. I'm thinking it would allow me to have a default username, then the keyboard shortcut fills in the new account sign in form with that default username. The password field would be generated with my current generator settings. Creating new logins is the feature I use second-most in 1Password, and a keyboard shortcut would make creating an account as easy as it is to log in to my existing accounts now!

Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: 4.5.7
OS Version: OSX 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jtrin: Though I definitely don't create a new Login even daily (whereas I fill logins probably hundreds of times some days), it's certainly something we can consider for a future version. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

• johnabdo
    johnabdo
    Community Member
    edited February 2017

I second jtrin on being able to make a login with the keyboard...it is not about frequency, but accessibility. Using the mouse is much harder for me to pull up the full 1password app to make logins. Does that make sense? Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@johnabdo: Fortunately you don't need to pull up the main 1Password app to save a new login in your browser at all! While I find it's easiest to fill my login details normally and simply submit the form to have 1Password save it, if you want to manually trigger "Save new login", just press ⌘ ⌥ \ (to bring up 1Password mini), and then press ⌘ N to prompt to save. From there if you don't need to make any changes (title, for example), you can simply press Return to finish. Cheers! :)

• johnabdo
    johnabdo
    Community Member

Thank you for telling me this. It is something I couldn't figure out by myself. I love your product. Mac and IOS and Team. I use it all the time. Thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@johnabdo: Any time! I agree that it isn't obvious — kind of chaining together a 1Password keyboard combo, if you're a video game fan. ;)

Thank you for your kind words and support! We're grateful to be able to keep doing what we love, and we're always here if you need us. :)

This discussion has been closed.