Shared vault in Family account not visible to administrator?

Options
gerrie
gerrie
Community Member

I'm considering a Family account to be shared with my adult children. I would create the account, and therefore would be the administrator. Would it then be possible for my children to have vaults, in addition to their individual private vaults, that they shared only with their respective spouses and that I would not have access to as administrator? Sort of a "private-shared" vault?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• gerrie
    gerrie
    Community Member
    Options

I'm considering a Family account to be shared with my adult children. I would create the account, and therefore would be the administrator. Would it then be possible for my children to have vaults, in addition to their individual private vaults, that they shared only with their respective spouses and that I would not have access to as administrator? Sort of a "private-shared" vault?

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• gerrie
    gerrie
    Community Member
    Options

It appears from the description of Family accounts that only the administrator can create shared vaults, and that the administrator has access to all shared vaults.

Is it possible to create a vault that is shared by two or more family members that excludes the administrator? For example, could I create a Family account that includes my adult married children that would allow each child to create a shared vault with his/her spouse that I could not see?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gerrie

I saw on our email service that you had some trouble posting your question here, I'm very sorry about that. We do not have a process to approve posts, so I'm not sure why it didn't came out right away for us. Gladly, it's here now and it can be answered!

The scenario that you're describing is not only possible but has an easy solution. If you add each of your children as a Family Organizer they will have recovery privileges, as well as the possibility to create vaults and share them with exactly whoever they want: for example just them and their spouse.

Please let us know if this clears things up and if you have any more questions or there's anything else that you'd like to know about 1Password :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.