Category item count doesn't change to reflect new/removed items

Drew_AG
Drew_AG
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: More items in a folder than indicated..

Comments

• eltel
    eltel
    Community Member

I have the same problem. When syncing between MAC (1PW 6.3.2) and either of two IOS devices (1PW 6.4.4) the item counts in all folders do not update on the IOS devices. Similarly if I add or delete a login or secure note on IOS the counts do not reflect the changes. This is not helpful when syncing as now I'm not sure if the sync has completed correctly or not. In effect it makes the product

@ AgileBits - is this a known bug and if so when will it be fixed?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @eltel,

Sorry to hear you're also running into a problem with the item count! From your description, I'm not entirely sure if you're running into the same issue as the OP (the item count for folders in 1Password for Mac is lower than the actual number of items they contain), or if you mean items are not syncing correctly between your Mac and iOS devices (and therefore the number of items on your Mac is different than the number of items on your iOS devices). Can you please let us know a few more details about that?

For example, right now if you open 1Password on your Mac and check the folders in the sidebar, does the number next to each folder match the number of items it contains? And similarly, on each iOS device, if you check the folders in the Organize section, do those folders contain the same number of items as the number shown under the folder names?

If the problem is that a folder's item count is different than the number of items shown inside of it, that sounds like the same problem being discussed here (please see my previous reply for more information). On the other hand, if the problem is that items/changes aren't syncing correctly between all 3 devices, we'll be happy to help you with that too - if that's the case, can you please let us know how you're syncing 1Password?

Thanks in advance! :)

• eltel
    eltel
    Community Member

@ Drew_Ag.

Yes I misunderstood the OP.

On my MAC the numbers against each folder match the number of items therein, they increment and decrement whenever I add or delete a login, note etc.

On my IOS devices I don't have folders set in the Organise section but when I look at the Items under the Categories section the numbers there don't reflect the number of items under each category. The numbers that are shown are those that were synced the first time I used the IOS app. They never alter regardless if I add or delete an item on the MAC and then sync it (the item gets synced ok though.) Similarly if I add or delete an item directly on the IOS app again the number count doesn't change, but it will sync to the MAC and its count will change accordingly.
    I'm syncing via WLAN.

Thanks

Terry

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @eltel,

Thanks for clarifying! Since this is a different problem than the previous thread and is happening on your iOS devices, I've moved our messages to a new discussion in our iOS forum.

That does sound like an odd problem! If I understand, you're saying that all new/changed/deleted items sync correctly between your Mac and iOS devices, but the item count for each item category in the iOS version stays the same no matter what? And it doesn't matter if you make the change on the Mac or either iOS device?

Can you also let us know a few other details about the problem and your setup:

• In 1Password on your iOS devices, have you unlocked the Pro features or are you using the free/basic features?
    • Does the same problem happen for all categories on the iOS devices, or just certain categories? (You previously mentioned Logins and Secure Notes but I wasn't sure if that was just an example or if those are the only two categories with the problem.)
    • Do the item counts match on both iOS devices?
    • Do you currently have all your latest 1Password data on your Mac?
    • If you haven't already done so, please try restarting both iOS devices (hold down the power button for a few seconds and "slide to power off", then turn it back on again). After they restart, check 1Password on each one - is there any difference as far as the item count problem?

Thanks! :)

• eltel
    eltel
    Community Member

Yes you have summarised what's happening correctly

1PW on both IOS Devices is licensed and therefore pro.

I've created new items in all categories and the count remains the same

The item counts don't match for the logins but for everything else they do, I think that's because both IOS devices are fairly new and were synced initially at different times after a new login had been created.

All latest data is on the MAC.

Restarting makes no difference.

Thanks!

• DCIFRTHS
    DCIFRTHS
    Community Member
    edited August 2016

@Drew_AG
    cc: @eltel

I have both the latest mac store desktop version, and the latest iOS Pro version.

On iOS: There is definitely a problem with CATEGORY item counts updating correctly.

When I add or delete an item on either the desktop or iOS app, the CATEGORY item count, on the mobile device, ONLY updates is when the iOS app is quit and restarted.

I have tested this multiple times, and the behavior is consistent. Is it possible that the issue is related to this problem? Just an uneducated guess ;) at best.

Thanks!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @eltel and @DCIFRTHS,

Thanks for the information! It turns out that this is a known issue that our developers are currently investigating. I’ll pass these details along in the hopes it will help them track this bug down.

ref: OPI-884

• eltel
    eltel
    Community Member

Thanks Megan

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @eltel,

:+1: :chuffed:

• DCIFRTHS
    DCIFRTHS
    Community Member

@Megan

Before it gets fixed, is there a chance for data loss, or is it just the aesthetics that are broken?

Thanks!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @DCIFRTHS,

This issue is related to the item counts only and does not impact your data. No need to worry! :)

• davep
    davep
    Community Member

I am also now having this problem after migrating to a new iPad. Any progress on this?

• @davep,

Unfortunately we do not have a solution at this point, however our development team does have it on their radar.

Ben

• iceout
    iceout
    Community Member

@Megan @Ben When in the Categories view the all items total is still not updating after a sync with the macOS version where a new item was added. The item is in the vault on both devices but the item count is still not reflecting properly on the iOS device. Was this supposed to be fixed in the 6.5.2 release per the notes under the ##fixed section and bug mentioned this issue {OPI-884}

• Hi @iceout

It was supposed to be, yes. Can you please tell me which sync method you're using?

Ben

• iceout
    iceout
    Community Member

@Ben I am using the WLAN server option

• Thanks @iceout. I've updated our bug report on this with that information.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.