Attachment size limit vs 1 gb secure documents storage announce

Options
Devokan
Devokan
Community Member

Hi,

1Password been my most use app since 2011 and I have just migrate to 1Password families around two weeks ago. At this moment I really appreciate the new offer. I am looking forward for the support of the Apple Watch function witch is really useful but would like to know why there is a 5.5 mb size limit for documents attachments ? I find it to be kind of awkward vs the fact that you announce 1 gb of storage. I don't see how I or anyone could achieve (not an objective, just to be clear ;-)) to store 1 gb of data if I can't upload precious and importants files (contracts, notarized acts, etc) wich may weight as much as 10 to 20 mb each. A size limit of at least 25 mb would be much more useful to share with my families our most precious files in case of emergency of otherwise. At this time I have many importants documents that I can't upload in our vaults.

Thanks again and keep the good work.

1Password Version: Families
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X and iOS
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:size limit

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hi @Devokan! Thanks for using 1Password over the years. :) I'm really happy to hear you're enjoying 1Password Families as well. We're working on Apple Watch support for it, and I was just speaking with one of our developers about it yesterday. It's coming along quite well. We've gotten some feedback about the document size limit as well, and that's something we'll be looking at improving in the future. Right now, though, you can actually upload documents that are larger than 5 MB from your browser at 1Password.com. The apps will be gaining support for this in the future.

Hope that helps, and I hope 1Password continues to serve you well.

This discussion has been closed.