Migrating data using Windows application

Options
zorglups
zorglups
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

The page https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/ shows us how to do but it does not work using the Windows flavor of the application (v6).

I can select all entries from my dropbox vault but when I right click the selected items, the "Copy to" dropdown remains empty.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 6
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited August 2016
    Options

Hi @zorglups,

I've moved your thread to our Windows Beta forum as 1Password 6 Beta is still a beta app.

We've disabled the option to migrate your data this way, so we can rebuild it for the next update coming soon. We will update the article as soon as possible.

For the moment, you'd need to export your data using 1Password 4 for Windows to 1PIF and then import it into your 1Password account using 1Password 6 Beta.

Do you have 1Password 4 installed on your PC at the moment?

• kketell
    kketell
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike,

I imported my 1Password4 data using the 1PIF method, and noticed the none of the attachments come across. It appears that you are not yet allowing attachments in 1Password 6. Do you know when this will be available?

I am liking what I am seeing so far. The interface gets better with every update :-D

-Kent-

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @kketell,

That's great, I'm glad you're liking it so far.

Support for files/attachments/documents isn't implemented yet in 1Password 6 Beta and we don't have a timeframe yet when it'll be supported. The plan is that a lot of features related to it will be added in a focused update, so as soon as we add full support for the Documents category in 1Password 6, attachments will be supported at the same time for local vault files, import, and so on.

This discussion has been closed.