Master password not recognized on iPad iOS 10.0 (14A5341a) but it is recognized on iPhone model ME29

Options
drewyallop
drewyallop
Community Member

Master password NOT recognized on iPad iOS 10.0 (14A5341a) but it IS recognized on iPhone model ME298C/A iOS iOS 10.0 (14A5341a)

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.0
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Master password not recognized on iPad iOS 10.0 (14A5341a) but it is recognized on iPhone model ME298C/A iOS iOS 10.0 (14A5341a)

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @drewyallop,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with 1Password. In order to help you get this sorted out, we’ll need a few more details:

1. Have you recently changed your Master Password?
    2. How are you syncing your data between your devices?
  • drewyallop
    drewyallop
    Community Member
    Options

No recent change in password

Synching with iCloud

Thank you Megan

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @drewyallop.

Here is what I would suggest: please try typing your Master Password into a text editor, such as Notes, to be sure it appears the way you believe it should (do not save the document). Do this on each device (the iPhone and the iPad) and be sure they look the same on each.

Please let us know how it turns out.

Ben

• drewyallop
    drewyallop
    Community Member
    Options

The P/W looks the same on both devices but does not work on either iOS device. I noticed that I was mistaken in my first post. I was able to open 1PW on the iPhone by using touchID but I did not try typing in the P/W. I guess the same problem existed then on the iPhone but I didn't notice since I used touchID.

I just now changed my Master P/W on my desktop 1PW and then tried it on both the iPad and iPhone. The new P/W worked on neither (worked ok on desktop).

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @drewyallop,

Unfortunately, changing your password on your desktop won’t necessarily help here. Sometimes you need to unlock 1Password on your iOS devices with the old Master Password to trigger a sync so that the new Master Password is accepted.

But thanks for mentioning that you’re also using 1Password on a desktop. If your data is all up-to-date there, we can reset 1Password on your iOS devices. This will ensure that they grab a fresh copy of your 1Password data in iCloud with the new Master Password.

Do you have any data on your iOS devices that might not have synced to your desktop?

• drewyallop
    drewyallop
    Community Member
    Options

Go ahead and synch Megan. Desktop is up to date.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@drewyallop,

Perfect. :+1:

Follow the steps to start over with 1Password on each iOS device. When you run 1Password again, you can choose the option to sync your existing data from iCloud.

Let me know how it goes!

• drewyallop
    drewyallop
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Chad. Worked as advertised.

Drew

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update! If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.