Migration from DB to iCloud

Options
machineage11
machineage11
Community Member

Hello,

Have new iPhone. Moved my Mac 1password data from Dropbox to icloud with no problem.

Followed these steps to install iOS App
Make sure that iCloud is set up on your iOS device.
Open and unlock 1Password.
Tap the 1Password icon in the top left corner and select your Primary vault.
Tap Settings > Sync > Start Syncing, then tap Sync with iCloud.

Follow the on-screen instructions to finish setting up iCloud:

If you haven’t synced 1Password data to iCloud before, you’ll be informed that 1Password wants to add data to iCloud. Tap Add to iCloud to begin syncing.
If you already have 1Password data in iCloud, you will be informed that 1Password has found data on iCloud. Tap Merge to begin syncing.____

PROBLEM - At this point, my iPhone asks me to sign in with my Primary Vault password. To my knowledge, I only have 1 vault that I used successfully on Mac and previous iPhone.

When I enter my 1password as pw answer to "Primary Vault" pw, I receive message it is wrong.

What to do?

Thank you,
Cindy

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Cindy ( @machineage11 ),

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble getting iCloud sync set up. Thanks for providing such a detailed report of the steps that you’ve already tried.

Just to confirm - the Master Password that you are using in 1Password on your Mac is the same as the Master Password you use to unlock 1Password on your iOS device, correct? Are there any special characters or symbols in your Master Password?

Do you have more than one Apple ID? It’s important that both your Mac and iOS device are signed in with the same Apple ID, otherwise 1Password could be finding old or incorrect data in iCloud.

• machineage11
    machineage11
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your insight.

1. Same masterpassword on Mac and device. It does NOT have special characters.
    2. I believe you nailed the problem. I have two Apple IDs. How can I change my 1 Password AppleID?

Cindy

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Let’s see which Apple IDs you are currently using on each computer/device.

On your Mac

1. Open ‘System Preferences’
    2. Select ‘iCloud’

On your iOS device

1. Open the Settings app
    2. Select ‘iCloud’

Do both show the same account information? If not, you’ll want to sign out of iCloud on your iOS device and sign in with the Apple ID that is currently on your Mac.

• machineage11
    machineage11
    Community Member
    Options

I was wrong. Both Mac and iOS show same Apple ID. Let's call it Apple ID-1

However, this is not the Apple ID associated with my 1Password account in my 1Password records. My username is Apple ID-2.

I use both Apple ID 1 and 2 on my Mac, but only Apple ID 1 on my devices. Could this be causing problem? It is a family account.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

However, this is not the Apple ID associated with my 1Password account in my 1Password records. My username is Apple ID-2.

I’m not quite sure I understand. Which 1Password records are you viewing here?

If it’s simpler for you, we could generate a Diagnostics Report from each of your devices and see if that sheds any light on where things are getting tangled up.

Here’s how to generate the Reports:

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• machineage11
    machineage11
    Community Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

Hello,

I did send a diagnostic report on August 25 from the address [email address removed by AgileBits admin]

I did not receive a BitBot automated reply. My Junk box is empty so if it went there, it is gone. Can you further assist?
    Cindy Lewis

[phone# removed by AgileBits admin]

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello Cindy, aka @machineage11 :)

I was able to find your email with the diagnostics report from your Mac; thanks for sending that in. Did you also send one from your iOS device?

ref: LXY-11941-515

• machineage11
    machineage11
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for following up,

I did not send one in from iOS. Could you please send me that link and instructions again? Thanks,C

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @machineage11,

To send a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device, please follow these instructions:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• machineage11
    machineage11
    Community Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

I keep replying to your robots. Can you phone me? [phone# removed by AgileBits admin. Please do not post it here.]

I have been trying to untangle this for over a month.
    Cindy

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @machineage11

We have located your other email and someone will be in touch with you over there soon. I'm very sorry to hear that you've been having some trouble with 1Password for so long, I hope that everything gets resolved. We are much better suited to help you over here and over email than over the phone.We'll have you up and running very soon :chuffed:

ref: LXY-11941-515

• machineage11
    machineage11
    Community Member
    Options

I hope so.I am more efficient on the phone though. Trying to watch for your email in the barrage of material I get everyday is difficult.

• It appears Laura has been helping you sort this out via email, so we'll continue the conversation there. :+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.