Set up 1Password for Windows to sync with my Android devices

Options
subo72
subo72
Community Member
edited August 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I originally set up 1Password on my android tablet, and synced it with my android phone via Dropbox. I set up a handful of logins – purchasing a licence when my free 30 days expired - then figured it would be quicker to finish loading them all manually on my Windows pc.

I found that I couldn’t log in via Windows - I had no 1Password.com sign in address, as I had only purchased a licence and hadn’t actually set up an account. So I registered my email address to have my licence details sent, a link I clicked several times, but no more emails arrived. So I figured I would just suck it up and set up a new account on Windows, add all my logins again under the new account, then sync THAT with both android devices.

All good in theory until I discovered that I can’t even log in to the new account - it keeps telling me something is incorrect but I’ve checked the details and my account key 20 times, no dice.

To summarise, what I would really like is to be able to log in to 1Password on Windows, and access my data under my existing licence (i.e I’ll just ditch the new account I tried and failed to set up). Is that possible? The associated email address is the one I supplied to register on this forum.

Thanks
S

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7 & Android 6.0.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• subo72
    subo72
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry I have also sent an email to the support+licenses address from my registered email, along with a copy of the Google play store receipt.

Thanks

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @subo72,

I apologize for the confusion.

There are two separate 1Password products that we sell, a license for each of our standalone local 1Password apps and a subscription for 1Password.com that includes all 1Password apps and we handle the data for you.

A license does not include the 1Password.com subscription and the 1Password account that comes with it.

If you want to use 1Password 4 for Windows without the subscription, you do need to purchase a separate license to include your computers in addition to your in-app purchase of the 1Password Pro features in the mobile apps.

To set up 1Password 4 to sync via Dropbox on your PC, you would need to install Dropbox first on your PC to download your vault file that you're using on your Android devices and then open 1Password 4 for Windows, it'll detect the file in your Dropbox folder and start asking for the master password.

You can find 1Password 4 for Windows here: http://agilebits.com/downloads

All good in theory until I discovered that I can’t even log in to the new account - it keeps telling me something is incorrect but I’ve checked the details and my account key 20 times, no dice.

Were you trying to sign in at work that might have a proxy involved?

Let me know what you'd like to do here, it sounds like you want to use 1Password on your PC without a subscription.

ref: NWM-93917-291

• subo72
    subo72
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Mike - you're right, I was completely confused about how it all worked, my apologies. I can't download software to a work pc anyway.

I have resorted to a protected spreadsheet on Dropbox (I am a luddite) which I can open anywhere - but thanks for responding. Perhaps it's not for me!

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @subo72,

I understand and we'll be here to help if you want to give it a try again.

One thing is that depending on what spreadsheet tool you're using, it may not be encrypted and could be broken into easily if it is using an outdated encryption scheme. There are tools out there that can break it in a few seconds depending on how it is protected.

This discussion has been closed.