Knox Back-Up

I'm using Knox and love it, but I was wondering about the back-up. I use "crashplan" to back up my computer to the cloud. If the worst case scenario and my computer crapped it's pants and died (which has happened), if I restart my computer from the crashplan recovery, will my knox stuff be there too? Is it backing up even though it's in hiding on my desktop?
Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• Andrew_AGAndrew_AG

Team Member

In theory it should be there too, yes. I would suggest also having Knox make its own automatic backups of your vaults (from the Backups tab in Knox Preferences) so they're backed up too, since they tend to work better with third party backup systems.

• jgorejgore Junior Member

All of my Knox volumes are showing "The backup destination is unavailable." The backup directory is on the main drive, and it exists. Any ideas how to fix this?

• If you haven't already, try a reboot of the Mac. If that doesn't help, disable backup and reenable it to see what happens.

• I am having problems with backup. Has worked fine but now get a message:

"An internal error prevented Knox from backing up the vault.

The vault "CLINIC.OPERATIONS" couldn't be backed up. The copy process ended with the error status 255:"

I still have a problem with the vault opening. It will take forever to open if there are other processes running, and frequently will only open on a second attempt. However I have learned to live with that!

Have used Knox for years and hope you continue to support this excellent little application.

As per my previous support ticket: #FHS-95943-179, I tried following the instructions for repairing the vault: https://mikhailt.clarify-it.com/d/repair_knox_vault but could not seem to get it to work.

Thanks
    Crispin

• Andrew_AGAndrew_AG

Team Member

Hi Crispin,

It would be better to keep the troubleshooting in one location, so I'm going to reply to the support ticket. Please check your email shortly for my reply.

This discussion has been closed.