Application download?

Is there an application still? I decided to try out 1password today but the link just took me to their website to make all these accounts etc. I thought 1password could totally be an offline application like keepass. Am I missing something or is 1password just one of these companies that think it's awesome to store all of your information online until they get hacked like everyone else?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:undefined, kb-search:download application, kb:undefined, kb-search:email

Comments

• lmao I cannot believe this junk exists. This stupid online application. Good luck with this crap. I'll stick to keepass and keep all my information private and not rely on sending information to them to get into my passwords.

• MikeT
    edited August 2016

Hi @2e9rhj2389hfnduafsdn,

1Password is available as both local standalone version and a subscription as well for those who wants the convenience of us storing the encrypted data on our server, for faster sync and better sharing features to share data between family members. We cannot decrypt anything on our servers nor can anyone else as well, they need to know two separate keys that never leaves your devices to get into your data.

All 1Password apps can be used without using an 1Password.com account, it is not required to have an 1Password account. However, if you've downloaded 1Password 6 Beta for Windows, it doesn't let you create a new local vault file yet. It's a beta build that doesn't have everything implemented yet but it does support reading local vault files without any account.

You can find 1Password 4 stable for Windows here: http://agilebits.com/downloads

This discussion has been closed.