Chrome Extension and Import Logininformation

Options
wuahahahahaffaaaaa
wuahahahahaffaaaaa
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hello,
i switched from another Password Manager to 1Password.
Now i have 2 questions.
1. How can i import my logininformation?
I have the Information in this format:
url,username,password,extra,name,grouping,fav (textfile) or in a .csv file.
Your software allows only .1pif (idk what this is)

1. Where can i load an extension for Chrome and Firefox?

1Password Version: 6 beta
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: win 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:undefined, kb-search:sign-in address, kb:undefined, kb-search:chrome

Comments

• MikeT
    edited August 2016
    Options

Hi @wuahahahahaffaaaaa,

You're using 1Password 6 Beta, which doesn't support all import files yet, it can only support 1PIF (1Password Interchange File) which is our export format we use in 1Password apps.

1Password 4 for Windows can support importing from CSV files and it is our latest stable version. You can use this to export the data out as a 1PIF file and then import it in 1Password 6 if you want.

Do you plan to use 1Password.com subscription or do you just want to use the local standalone version of 1Password?

Where can i load an extension for Chrome and Firefox?

You can open this page in your browser to install the extension: http://www.agilebits.com/browsers/index.html

This is accessible via the 1Password 6 Beta's Settings > Options > Browser page.

• wuahahahahaffaaaaa
    wuahahahahaffaaaaa
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you MikeT. I downloaded the 1password 4 for windows. After installing i have three options:
    I am new
    I used 1password before
    password safe recovery from backup

Unfortunatelly i have no file and the software needs this: "1password-tresor (agilekeychain).
    How can i get this key?

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @wuahahahahaffaaaaa, what you want to do to import your your login information is:
    1. Select I am new and create a new vault
    2. Unlock the 1Password 4 app, and select "File > Import"
    3. Find your CSV file and select "Open" it into 1Password 4

You should now have all of your login information in the app :). Please let us know if encounter any more trouble along the way.

• wuahahahahaffaaaaa
    wuahahahahaffaaaaa
    Community Member
    Options

I´m now try that with a second account. Really, its complicated. Where can i find a tutorial? Why do you not have some information for new users?
    After click on create new vault i must enter a password. I used my Master Password because in the Headline was the text "Master Password". Is this correct?
    I have now a vault on my computer and 2 vaults on your website? One "Personal" and one "Passwörter" . I have no idea, what i´m doing...

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @wuahahahahaffaaaaa,

We do apologize that it is not yet optimized for new customers and for all of the complexities, a lot of this will be simplified in the near future.

1Password 6 Beta is a Beta program with a lot of changes happening, so we don't have all of the docs up and it is not yet tuned for new customers. It is meant for experienced/current 1Password users at the moment but things will be changing soon.

I used my Master Password because in the Headline was the text "Master Password". Is this correct?

I am not sure what you mean, can you explain more about where you're seeing this? If you mean to use your existing 1Password.com password for the vault file in 1Password 4, that's okay to do, yes.

I have now a vault on my computer and 2 vaults on your website? One "Personal" and one "Passwörter" . I have no idea, what i´m doing...

That's okay, what we're trying to do is get your CSV data into a local vault file using 1Password 4 and then export it into the 1PIF format that 1Password 6 understands. Basically, we're using 1Password 4 as the middleman to convert your CSV export file into 1PIF export file, so that 1Password 6 can import your data.

We have a guide for importing your data via 1Password 4 to 1Password 6 here: https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/?win#to-import-data-into-your-new-account (If your browser doesn't move you to the right section, expand the Windows guide and scroll down to Import data into your new account)

Please follow that guide and you should then see your data in 1Password 6 Beta and on 1Password.com web app. Once you do, you can then delete your 1PIF/CSV export files, and uninstall 1Password 4.

• wuahahahahaffaaaaa
    Options

Thank you MikeT,
    i made a 1PIF export file and imported the file to 1password 6. Unfortunately i imported the file 2 times. Now i have all logininformation 2 times in my vault. I decided to delete them all and to restart the process. All logininformation are now in the folder Trash. The question now is, how can i delete them? I cant find a button for that.

• wuahahahahaffaaaaa
    Options

Ok found it. Its not possible to delete the Trash with the 1password 6 software. I deleted it over the Webpage.

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wuahahahahaffaaaaa, happy to hear you got everything setup :)

Unfortunately i imported the file 2 times. Now i have all logininformation 2 times in my vault. I

Any time you import a 1Pif file to 1Password 6, we create a special tag with a timestamp for when that import occurred. If you need to delete a specific import in the future, just filter your vault by that tag then select and trash the items.

This discussion has been closed.