Sharing when purchased on the app store

redflower
redflower
Community Member

We purchased 1 password on the appstore and share it. Now we want to give a separate access to our children (2nd vault). Do we need a family account? We do not share the same itunes account. If we need a family account, do I need a license number or QC? I cannot find either of these. I do not have an email from agilebits giving my license numbers.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:if I have downloaded 1password from the app store, do I have a license number?

Comments

• Hey @redflower! Good question. What devices are you using 1Password on? The iOS app is actually free, and there's an in-app purchase for the Pro Features, though that can't be shared outside of the Apple ID. The Mac app, on the other hand, can be shared with Apple Family Sharing if you would like the rest of your family to use it as well. They can use their own Apple IDs too. :)

Now, the reason I would recommend a family account is because it adds a bit more to that experience. If one of your family members loses their Master Password, you or another owner can help them recover it. It also makes sharing passwords with the family easy. I share Netflix and Amazon passwords with my parents and sister because we all use them. 1Password Families includes a 30-day trial so you can take it for a spin if you'd like; just sign up your family and move your existing data over to get the full experience.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any questions.

This discussion has been closed.