Two problems

Options
Rudykid
Rudykid
Community Member

My devices - Windows 10, iPhone 6, iPad Air - are not syncing. I entered the logins on my iPad, Primary Vault, but they do not sync to my iPhone or computer.
When I try to login from my logins, some sites do not display my login info, and I have to enter it myself. Going to a website and picking 1Password does nothing.
So far I have spent way too much time with an app that was supposed to make life easier.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:My devices are not syncing.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Rudykid,

I'll need to know a little bit more about your 1Password ecosystem:

• What is the version number of 1Password that you have installed? (Please include all relevant computers and devices)
    • What is the version number of your operating system (for all computers and devices)?
    • What are you using to keep things in sync?

The more detail you can provide, the more quickly we'll be able to get you sorted out! :)

• Rudykid
    Rudykid
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your reply. I thought 1Password would be easy to set up, but it's proving to be more difficult for me. I started with the app on my iPad. The version number is 6.4.4. My computer is Windows 10, and I have an iPhone 6 and iPad Air, both running IOS 9.3.4. When I signed up, it was for a single user (license?) - no family or team - but somehow working with my 3 devices, I ended up with an account that shows "purchased". I have entered 13 logins on my iPad, but none show up on my iPhone or computer. As I read the instructions, I should be able to sync without using the Cloud or Dropbox, or do I misunderstand?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Rudykid,

I’m sorry that this is complicated for you! You mention signing up, so it sounds like you’ve got a 1Password account (from 1Password.com) - is that correct?

With your 1Password account, you don’t need to use a sync solution like iCloud or Dropbox because sync is handled by our servers. This means that as soon as you sign into 1Password with your 1Password account, all of your data should be right there. Let’s make sure you’re signed in on each device:

1. On your iPad, look in 1Password’s Settings and tap on ‘1Password Accounts’ - is your account listed there?
    2. On your iPhone, look in 1Password’s Settings and tap on ‘1Password Accounts’ - do you see your account?
    3. On your Windows computer, looking 1Password’s Settings and select ‘Accounts and vaults’

Please let me know what account is on each device and we’ll work from there. :)

• Rudykid
    Rudykid
    Community Member
    Options

OK, my account is listed in all 3 places. I think the problem may have something to do with the vaults. On the iPad, they are in Primary, but in the 1Password app on my computer, there is only 1 vault - Personal. Both vaults are on my iPhone, but nothing happens when I click "sync".

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Rudykid,

Ah, I think I understand where things are getting tangled up here. Thanks so much for that extra detail!

It sounds to me like you’ve got some data in a primary vault synced by Dropbox that needs to be moved over into your 1Password account so that we have everything in one place.

but nothing happens when I click "sync”.

The ‘sync’ button in your primary vault will update the data in Dropbox, it won’t migrate your data to your 1Password account, which is a separate vault.

So, if I understand you correctly, we need to get the data from your primary vault into your account vault so that it will show up on all of your devices. Since we’re working with your iPad, this will need to be done on a per-item basis (there’s no way to select all your items and move them en-mass right now), but it’s a fairly simple process:

1. View an item’s details
    2. Scroll to the bottom of the screen
    3. Select ‘Move or Copy’
    4. Tap ‘Move to Vault’
    5. Select your Account vault
    6. Confirm
    7. Repeat as necessary until all your items are tucked safely in your 1Password accounts vault.

Does this help?

• Rudykid
    Rudykid
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, that did it - thanks! What's the difference between Primary and Personal? I didn't set either of them up?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Rudykid,

I’m so glad that worked!

For users who started with 1Password before our 1Password accounts, the primary vault is the first vault you create when you set up the 1Password apps. When you open the app and are asked to create a Master Password, you’re essentially creating your primary vault.

When you sign up for a 1Password account, your default vault is the ‘Personal’ vault. You can add multiple vaults to your account, but the Personal one is created for you with the account.

If you’ve moved all of your data into your Personal vault, we can remove the primary vault from your iOS devices so it doesn’t get in the way again:

1. Ensure that all of your data is in your Personal vault.
    2. Go to 1Password’s Preferences > Advanced
    3. Select Remove all 1Password data
    4. Restart 1Password for iOS
    5. Sign in to your 1Password account

Now you’ll be able to unlock 1Password with the Master Password for your 1Password account, and the only vaults that you see will be your account vaults.

• Rudykid
    Rudykid
    Community Member
    Options

Wow! Thank you so much! It's all fixed now.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Rudykid,

Whoo hoo! I’m so glad to hear that you’re all sorted out - thanks for letting me know.

I hope that 1Password behaves perfectly for you from now on, but if you have any other questions or concerns, we're here for you! :)

• Rudykid
    Rudykid
    Community Member
    Options

Very impressed with customer service - thank you so much, Megan!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Rudykid,

Thanks for the kind words! Have an awesome day, and never hesitate to reach out if there’s anything else we can do to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.