1) installed on my iPad and IPhone and Dropbox synced 2) install on MacBook does have a sync option

Options
PaulFennell
PaulFennell
Community Member

There is no sync button on MacBook preferences

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @PaulFennell,

Have you signed up for a 1Password account? If you’re not seeing a sync tab in 1Password’s Preferences on your Mac, it sounds like this is the case. To sync 1Password for Mac to your iOS devices, you’ll want to sign in to your 1Password account on those devices as well.

I can give you more detailed instructions on this if you provide me with a bit more detail on your current 1Password setup. In particular: where is your active database stored? Is your most up-to-date 1Password information on your iOS devices (and synced via Dropbox?) or is it on your Mac (possibly in your 1Password account)?

• PaulFennell
    PaulFennell
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I have set up on my iPad and briefly: have a primary and Personal vault (don't remember how), yes I have a 1 password account and have saved my emergency kit. I'm syncing with dropbox to my iPhone successfully and this is where most of my "savings" are. Moving to the MAC I have signed into my account but what next? The app only shows a few items created on the machine since yesterday. it is not synced nor offers a sync option.

• PaulFennell
    PaulFennell
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan, where are you? 20 hours and no response!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2016
    Options

Hi @PaulFennell,

Thanks for getting back to us with that information! If most of your items are on your iPhone and synced with Dropbox, we have two options for moving that information into your 1Password account:

1. Move items one by one from your Dropbox (Primary) vault to your 1Password accounts vault on your iPhone.

At this time it is not possible to move multiple items at once on iOS, but here’s how you can move each item:

• View an item’s details
    • Scroll to the bottom
    • Select ‘Move and Copy’
    • Choose ‘Move to Vault’
    • Select your Account vault

2. Create a standalone vault on your Mac, sync your Dropbox vault there, then move all your items from the Dropbox vault to the Accounts vault.

• In 1Password for Mac, go to Preferences > Advanced
    • Check the option to ‘Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts’
    • Open a Finder window and view your Dropbox folder
    • Find the 1Password.opvault file (by default this will be in /Dropbox/Apps)
    • Double-click to open in 1Password
    • Enter your Master Password when prompted
    • In the menu, select 1Password > Switch to vault > 1Password so you can view just the items in your Dropbox vault
    • Click on an item in the list view, then use ⌘A to select all the items
    • Right-click on the selection and choose Share > ‘Account vault name’ > Move

Once you have verified that all your items have been moved into the account vault, we can remove the Dropbox vault from your Mac and your iPhone.

Please let me know if you have any questions about these instructions. You won’t need to follow both, simply select the option that seems simplest for you. If you hit any snags in the process, we’re here to help!

• PaulFennell
    PaulFennell
    Community Member
    Options

Megan, I am unable to resolve my issue with these instructions. 1) There is no "move and copy" option that I can see in the item. 2) I cannot see a file dropbox/apps on any device even using the search boxes. But on my IOS devices sync takes place on the Primary Vault : sync service "iCloud".

I don't think you have understood this set up and the issue. Would it be practical to delete all apps and start again?

Frustrated.......

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @PaulFennell,

1) There is no "move and copy" option that I can see in the item.

Here’s what the item details screen looks like on the most recent version of 1Password.

Are you seeing something different? If so, let’s take a step back here and confirm that we’re both on the same page. In 1Password for iOS, please go to the Settings screen and scroll to the ‘Recommend 1Password’ option. What version number do you see below this?

• PaulFennell
    PaulFennell
    Community Member
    Options

Ok I got that, didn't understand what "item detail" refers too, and I'm using my iPad. So I Move and Copy and see choose " Move to Vault" this gives me a choice of Primary or Personal (under my name) so is the latter my "account vault"?

• PaulFennell
    PaulFennell
    Community Member
    Options

When you mention Dropbox vault how do I find this? Its not visible in my dropbox folder and its not listed in 1Password anywhere I can find on my Mac, Phone or iPad.

• PaulFennell
    PaulFennell
    Community Member
    Options

Megan, can we move up the speed of response this afternoon please? I would like to get this sorted today as I'm away for the weekend from tomorrow morning.

• PaulFennell
    PaulFennell
    Community Member
    Options

And it's version 6.4.4 on my iPad and 6.3.2 on my Macbook. Thank you.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @PaulFennell,

I apologize for the delay in response here. Unfortunately these forums are not quite the same as live chat. The AgileBits team is monitoring the forums seven days a week to answer your questions as quickly as possible, but we’re not always able to reply immediately when a new post comes up.

Now, let’s see where we’re at.

So I Move and Copy and see choose " Move to Vault" this gives me a choice of Primary or Personal (under my name) so is the latter my "account vault”?

Yes. Your Personal vault is the vault used for your 1Password account.

When you mention Dropbox vault how do I find this? Its not visible in my dropbox folder and its not listed in 1Password anywhere I can find on my Mac, Phone or iPad.

I apologize for the confusion. You indicated in your initial post that the vault on your iOS devices was synced using Dropbox. I was using that to differentiate it from the vault you’re using in your 1Password account.

To clarify, what we want to do here is move the items from your primary vault into your Personal vault.

I hope this helps you move the items as I suggested above in option #1, but if you have more questions, please let me know!

This discussion has been closed.