Right-side scrolling first word index in foreign languages

Options
revi
revi
Community Member

First, I should admit you're English company so I understand if you can't (or it's too confusing to you so you won't) implement it, it's fine for me.

First, this is a screenshot of 1password for iOS. Now, this is the list of contacts in Contacts (Apple native) app in iOS.

If you see the ABC scrolling bar (I don't know the exact name for that part...) you'll see the difference, 1pw just get the first word of the item (ie. "강") while Contacts collects the first consonant of the word, making the index "ㄱ" instead of "강".

Of course I don't want to convert my items to English, while having some more English in the index...

Thank you for considering (or even reading) it. :D

1Password Version: 6.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.3.4 (13G35)
Sync Type: Families

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @revi

Thanks for taking the time to write to us about this! Is this a preference that you have set for Contacts, or is it the default behavior? Either way, thank you for letting us know about this desire. I can't make any promises but I'd be happy to pass the feedback along to our development team.

Ben

• revi
    revi
    Community Member
    Options

That's the default value (non-changeable) and is also consistent on Android default apps too. And it's correct grammar behavior to sort via first consonant of a word, not the whole words.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2016
    Options

Interesting. Okay, thank you! :)

Ben

ref: OPI-3655

• revi
    revi
    Community Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

Korean is mixing one consonant and vowel (and optionally ending one consonant) to make one syllable and syllable and syllable and so on to a word, so it's more natural to sort only first consonant of a syllable. There are 11,172 unicode syllables for Korean, so... Yeah. It's kinda annoying to see index by syllables, when I have virtually 11,172 syllables.

• Ben
    Options

I see! I've filed a request with our development team to take a look at this. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.