Generated Passwords section in 1Password 6.0

dwk
dwk
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi, I was wondering if there is generated password section for the current beta version.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @dwk,

There is, it's called Passwords rather than Generated Passwords which is the old name that has been phased out a few years ago.

• andreidobrica
    andreidobrica
    Community Member

Hello,

I can not find the feature to generate passwords, not in the desktop app, not in the chrome extension.

• Hi @andreidobrica,

It is available in the main 1Password window, there's a generator next to every password field. You can create a new Password item to generate a new password or if you're editing an existing Login item, you can click on the icon next to the password field to generate a new password. Here's a screenshot:

The Password Generator has not yet been implemented in 1Password mini but it is coming.

• AlastairLack
    AlastairLack
    Community Member

Hi,
    When I go to create a new website login, it isn't already an item in 1Password. So I can't use the inbuilt password generator.
    To me, it would be useful to have a password generator facility on the sidebar, which automatically copied to memory, ready for pasting onto the website.
    The item would of course automatically get created in iPassword as usual, with username and password.

• Hi @AlastairLack,

We've improved 1Password mini since the last post here and have bought over the standalone Password Generator to 1Password mini. With this standalone generator, you can copy the password and it is automatically saved as a Password item in your 1Password database. After this, you can paste it into the site's login form and when you submit it, 1Password will then prompt to save it as a Login item for you.

Here's how to bring it up currently:

1. Right-click on the 1Password icon in the notification area to select Password Generator
    2. Click on the 1Password icon in your web browser and click on the settings icon on top right to select Password Generator
    3. Press the default Control + Alt + \ shortcut to bring up 1Password mini and click on the settings icon on top right to select Password Generator

In a future update, we will iterate 1Password mini to show the Password Generator in the main view, so you can select it quickly with your keyboard.

This discussion has been closed.