How to delete a vault ?

Options
Phil7
Phil7
Community Member

Hi,

I'd like to delete am old vault I still not using. How can I do with iPhone app.

Philippe

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Philippe ( @Phil7 ),

As long as that vault is not your primary vault, you can remove it by going to 1Password’s Settings > Vaults. Tap on the vault’s name and select ‘Remove vault’.

• Phil7
    Phil7
    Community Member
    Options

Thank's. The vault I want to remove is the first I had create. But I have now an individual account 1password.com so I'd move all data into this new vault. Then I tap on the old vault, no 'remove vault' appear...

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Phil7,

If the vault you’re trying to remove is the first one you created, you won’t have the option to delete the vault from the Vaults screen.

Before we worry about deleting the vault though, let’s talk about how to move your data over into your 1Password account. Are you using 1Password on any other computers or devices besides your iPhone? If you’re working with just an iPhone, you’ll need to transfer the items one by one, like so:

1. View an item’s details
    2. Scroll to the bottom of the screen
    3. Select ‘Move or Copy’
    4. Tap on ‘Move to vault’
    5. Select your Account vault
    6. Repeat as necessary until all your items are in your 1Password account vault

Once this is done, we can reset the data in 1Password for iOS and let you sign in fresh with your account so that there are no other vaults to deal with.

• Phil7
    Phil7
    Community Member
    Options

Tanks

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Phil7,

I’m glad I could help! If you have any other questions, you know where to find us. :)

This discussion has been closed.